Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STILL can't see or access virtual drives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STILL can't see or access virtual drives.

I've tried everything I have found in the forum, and I still can't see the virtual drives in MyCOmp, or access them from anywhere else. Device manager says the drive and SCSI adapter are working fine, but if I try to assign a letter to the virtual drive (using the tray icon);

it just resets to having [ ] as the drive letter.
    I've tried changing the driver for the physical CD drive, as recommended in another post. I can't access the virtual drive from the computer management console.

I can actually mount an image, but it is not accessible and will not unmount afterwards.

Help, I'm going mad.

Thanks,

TSM

Please post all other burning software installed.

Comment

Just nero 5.5.9.14.

I actually tried it staight after Windows and the drivers were installed - no burning software or anything else.

Thanks

TSM

Comment

Do you get 'unit is locked' error when unmounting?

Comment

certainly did. had to reboot to unmount

Comment

Looking for an answer to this myself, as my friend has the EXACT same problem. Any Tips? I think he has Nero installed on his system. He can mount the image, but it wont show up in the explorer. (no new drives showing up). He can't unmount it, "locked". When trying to change "set device parameter" the drive letter is: " " and when changing it to F: or G: or anything, it has changed back to " " when entering the set device parameters page again. Any help? Much appreciated!

Comment

This problem is caused by some app locking the drive. If you set number of drives to 0, then 1 (or however many you have) this should help a bit.

Comment

Ok, ill ask him to try that right now. Ill get back if it works or not.

Comment

He says that it didn't make a difference. He's running WIN XP btw. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Try to remove any garbage apps from the computer. It could be caused by a burning app or some music app.

Comment

Ok ill ask him to try that, do you mean completely uninstall, or simply terminate running processes? (He already tried terminating any running cd-software processess.. )

Now he got so far as to he have been able to find the "CD device stealth something" in device manager... but no drive in "this computer" or explorer.

Comment

This 'stealth' drive is from a very old version of daemon tools. You should maybe uninstall 3.33, and reinstall the older version (you can download setup from downloads->archives). Then uninstall old version. Reboot. Install new version.

Comment

Ok, thank you very much for your reply. I'll tell him to do that.

Comment

Downloaded the older version. Same shit as before :roll:
                            Been trying to make D-T work for the last 5 hours... kinda annoying... i think this is enough for today.
                            Thanx anyway!

Comment

So uninstall EVERYTHING from your computer and check device manager,
                              do you see anything there? By 'everything' i mean all burning and emulation programs, including packet writing soft.

Comment

Working...
                              X