NWN Shadows of Undrentide Exits after Spash Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN Shadows of Undrentide Exits after Spash Screen

I'm trying to get dtools up and running on my new notebook and everything was going fine until....

I've never used dtools before, so it's quite possible I'm doing something wrong. I would appreciate it if someone could point out my error.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP1, with D-Tools v3.33. I'm trying to use dtools to make images of 2 games I frequently play (Warcraft 3 and NWN). I started with NeverWinter Nights Shadows of Undrentide, I made a image of the SoU disc using CDR-WIN v3.9d. I enabled SecureDisc in dtools and mounted the image. The menu autoruns, and I select Play. The NWN splash screen comes up, the hard drive spins for a while, and then the splash screen goes away and the hard drive stops. I'm left at my desktop with no error message or other information to give you.

I have verified NWN operation with its SoU playdisc, it works fine when I have the real disc inserted. I have removed the physical CDROM drive from my notebook thinking maybe it was seeing that drive first, no change. I realized that CDR-Win wasn't on the 'approved' list of image generation programs so I downloaded CloneCD v4 and used it to create a new image. Same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Iґm afraid NWN-SoU uses newest SecuROM protection, so youґve to create image from your original with DPM data (use e.g. Alcohol or Blindwrite).
    To figure out more about SecuROM new you can read this.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I'll try this out as soon as I get home from work. I downloaded the Alcohol SW, but realized I left my dvd-rom drive (with disc in it) at home.

I'll post a followup here when I get it working.

-Mike

Comment

Working Now!

Just wanted to followup and let everyone know that using Alcohol to make the images worked for both NWN SoU and WarCraft III (both latest patches).

Thanks for the help!

-Mike

Comment

Working...
        X