StarForce should never be supported.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarForce should never be supported.

I just read this new article from tomshardware.com.
    Starforce should never be supported!
    Why should we buy any game that opens a backdoor of our system? Why hasn't star-force certified by windows-xp?

The answer is clear: the method they used for anti-pirate is too aggressive, and it is only one step away from destroying the user files (threatening). We can't stop piracy by supporting those shitty anti-paricy softwares.

Hereby I declaim that I WILL NEVER BUY ANY GAMES THAT IS COPY-PROTECTED BY StarForce, not even they are later certificated by Microsoft. The idea is simple: nobody wants to deal with a person with criminal record already.

There are so many games that is not using starforce, and those are the companies we shall support.

another interesting read:

Comment

?

I don´t know there are very good games with this protection, if i don´t buy that games, don´t play to some good secuels.

and yes i don´t like starforce too.
      Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

i agree with you completely! but so far i was able to run all the newer games (with sf) that i wanted to play. so i consider myself very lucky haha....god bless nforce chipset!
        Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

Comment

Working...
        X