Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Mcrae 04

Hi!
    I bought new grafik card and inside was a DVD with Colin Mcrae Rally 04. I would like to play it without DVD in my DVD-ROM. I use Nero 6 OEM to create copy of disk. With Daemon-Tools 4.0 i mount this image, but the game doesnt work. What else can help me???
    SRY for bad english, im just a biginner.

To copy a game you need a program like Alcohol 120%. Nero isn't able to copy protected games (it's able to copy some but i recommend to use a program like Alcohol or Blindwrite).
    To get a working image/copy first download Alcohol 120%, you can get a trial here:

Install it. Download A-Ray Scanner (search in google) and scan
    the protection of the original CD/DVD.
    If you got the protection you start Alcohols Image Making Wizard and choose the profile for this protection.
    If you want to play the game using the image then you have it done now, if you want to copy/burn it onto a cd-r you've to burn it.
    For burning the image choose the Recording/burn assistent of alcohol and choose the image file. Now also choose the profile for the scanned protection.
    For some protection you need some extra tools to get the backups working for this see this thread.
    Please post the protection first, before you try to make your backup so i can give you some more informations/tips to get a working backup!
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Hi!
      I used A-Ray Scanner v2.0.2.3 and the Protection is SecuROM. Log of A-Ray - [11:06:56] SecuROM 5.03.04.0044 detected -> D:\cmr4.exe.

Comment

So use Alcohol to create the image and choose the image making wizard. Choose the bSecurom 4.x/5.x profile if the game is on cd or enable the DPM option (high precision, slow speed) if the game is on dvd. Choose the mds file format and a slow speed, like 1x,2x,4x, for reading the DPM.
        If you want to burn it, just choose the wizard and the Securom 4.x/5.x profile again. If it's on dvd enable the RMPS option.
        For games on dvd alcohol has no profiles present, you've to choose the right settings manually.
        You might need Sr7Stop for antiblacklisting and enable the RMPS emulation of Daemon-Tools if you want to play the game with your backup copy.

Comment

THX a lot AnalCobra! It works perfect!

Comment

Nice to hear, keep on backuping.

Comment

Working...
            X