Empire at War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire at War

I'm tired of getting messages that won't let me play. Every time I enter the game is by a different way.

If you have some problems with the game try disabling all virtual drives, then create a new one, with all emulation off, mount the Empire at War image and run it with AntiSecuROM. You can also hide the DT with ProtStop. It worked for me once, I'll try again later.

Is it possible that the DT group "anti-blacklists" Star Wars: Empire at War in the next version of the program?

I Found the 'Why' dont work

I found the way to play the game, on those computers that don't do.
    I found the solution because don't work for me };o)

The new protection is in base that the speed of read of the dvd is not always the same, always is different, but the emulators always send the information in the same interval of time.

I Install the daemon's tools, but i prefer the alcohol 120% (Is the same), but offer a solution to this problem.

1.-In Alcohol 120% set the emulation and the additional emulation all ON.
    2.-Install the CureROM and create a task based on the Alcohol 120% and that Unmount the unit after exit the game (Very Important, to clear Windows Cache)
    3.-Create a .cmd (or .bat) with 1 line with 'xcopy /y x:\directx c:\directx' in the desktop (or create a shortcut in the desktop)
    x = the Virtual Unit of Alcohol 120% (Or daemon)
    4.-Launch the CureROM Application and when the mouse change to SecureROM, double-click to the Cmd.

I just tested this 10 times with a 100% of eficiency

That instruction make that the virtual dvd change the speed at each time the SecureROM access.

© CopyGuay ® 2006

Comment

@CopyGuay - Sounds interesting, I can remember that there was a discussion about the speed of the virtual-drive, maybe there need some improvements to be integrated... But we should wait if this is a one-time-check routine...

@mdimasso - If you are that tired, why don't you just play with your DVD?

Comment

It Works fine

I test this in other 2 computers and work, where before don't work

The line in the .cmd to not prompt for a Folder or a File may be
        xcopy /y x:\directx c:\directx\*.*
        With \*.* assume that destination is a folder.

The Common in the 3 computers is that they are AMD

© CopyGuay ® 2006

Comment

Originally Posted by CopyGuay
          I found the way to play the game, on those computers that don't do.
          I found the solution because don't work for me };o)

The new protection is in base that the speed of read of the dvd is not always the same, always is different, but the emulators always send the information in the same interval of time.

I Install the daemon's tools, but i prefer the alcohol 120% (Is the same), but offer a solution to this problem.

1.-In Alcohol 120% set the emulation and the additional emulation all ON.
          2.-Install the CureROM and create a task based on the Alcohol 120% and that Unmount the unit after exit the game (Very Important, to clear Windows Cache)
          3.-Create a .cmd (or .bat) with 1 line with 'xcopy /y x:\directx c:\directx\*.*' in the desktop (or create a shortcut in the desktop)
          x = the Virtual Unit of Alcohol 120% (Or daemon)
          4.-Launch the CureROM Application and when the mouse change to SecureROM, double-click to the Cmd.

I just tested this 10 times with a 100% of eficiency

That instruction make that the virtual dvd change the speed at each time the SecureROM access.

© CopyGuay ® 2006
          lol m8 u saved my life, I've tried everything but this only works

One question: if I quit the game and then I try to get back, the copy of files is so quick that the drive read speed doesn't change much, and I got blacklisted. On the other way, if I reboot and then start the game with ur .cmd file all works fine. Is there any way to clear the cache without rebooting the system?

Comment

Of course, i say in point 2

'UnMount' the Unit after exit the game. This clear the cache.
            It's an option of the CureROM task, unmount the virtual unit.
            That's the reason i use Alcohol, because it do not request click when mounting and unmounting.

I'm happy to see other people working fine };o)

© CopyGuay ® 2006

Comment

wow im not sure how the rest u figured that out but thats complete and utter gibberish to me can somone break that step down for me plz cause id very much like to try this idea.

here wat i think it means :-

Install CureROM then create a CureROM profile on alcohol 120(some how) and in the options make sure u set it to "Unmount the backup image after the aplication has completed

and thats as far as it makes sense as for the
              "that Unmount the unit after exit the game (Very Important, to clear Windows Cache)"
              im and completely lost somone somone help plz

Comment

This worked perfectly me and I tried about 10 different methods. I would repost this with the title "100% working fix".

Comment

I've tried it first time and it worked, but the next after that didn't. This morning when I tried it again it worked again.

1)
                  When it is working I was connected to Internet and was downloading something using bittorrent. So I assume it might have something to do with net connection, so I disconnected and tried again, and it didn't work.
                  2)
                  So I reconnected again to the Net and tried it again one more time. This time it still didn't work.
                  3)
                  I assume it might have something to do with the disk activity performed during the torrent download and I tried it again one mroe time, and still it didn't work.

I notice the difference between (1) and (3) was that:
                  1. It is the first time I tried it after my laptop was rebooted.
                  2. The time it took between the mounting of virtual drive (I used 20 seconds parameter), and the cursor changed from normal to curerom cursor was longer than usual.

Any comments?
                  Thanks

Comment

Still inconsistent for me.
                    The first time OK
                    I shutdown, tried it again 8 more times. Deleting the \directx folders. Still doesn't work.
                    The next one in the morning tried it again (with internet connection on, and the same time bitcomet running) it was working. I noticed that the time between the mounting of the virtual disk and the cursor change to securerom cursor about 4 seconds (normally it was instantenous).
                    Then I tried it again (disconnecting to the net, connecting without torrent, connecting with torrent running) and it wasn't working.

Comment

Working...
                    X