Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [image] unaccessable .btw

Hi,

I made a comlex image (with BlindRead) consisting of several well defined files (I mean - .bw, .bws, .bwa & .bwi). According to BlindWrite (and every other image burning soft I have access to) it is a perfectly well made image. All the data (physicall information, weak sectors, sys inf, etc) is correct. There are no problems with burning it, either.

Problems strat when it comes to mounting it. Both DT4 and Alcohol120% report that "file is unaccessable". WTF should it mean?

I spent seveal days over the case, and managed to eliminate most of the stupid reasons (for example - access right, and so on).

Ever encountered such a sympthom?

To give some background - I'm a "proud" user of WinXP HE 2SP.

I wonder if I chose a correct board for the topic - it is a kind of "cross-board" to me... If not - sorry.

Do you have any options of recreating the image file with BlindWrite again (perphaps use the newest version of BlindWrite) or creating the image again with Alcohol 120%?

You could also try making the image on another computer. That's the fastest solution in my mind rather than putting days of effort guessing what went wrong one time in the past when you first made your image.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

As I own the disc, I can keep imaging it as long as I want. Yet, every time, image made by BlindWrite (regrdles of version) is "unaccessable". That does not apply to Alcohol image (in .mdf format) which mounts smoothly.

Checked the "other computer method". Image made there (on the other computer) can be mounted there, but as soon as it is transfered here (accordingly - the probematic computer) it cannot be mounted. On the other hand image made here, while can't be mounted here, mounts without problems there. The second platform - chosen for its similarity - is another WinXP HE 2SP.

Comment

File paths may be hard coded. Try to store the image in a folder with the same drive letter and folder name on the second computer.

Comment

Originally Posted by JoelEllison
          File paths may be hard coded. Try to store the image in a folder with the same drive letter and folder name on the second computer.
          I've never seen a BW image (or iso or alcohol...) where the path is hard coded... that would be a nonsense...
          Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
          X