WinXP boot error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP boot error

Hi, I've just downloaded the new 403-86.

During the installation the program tells me to reboot, and so I do.

The problem occurs when Windows is starting up again. Just when I get a glimpse of the xp-logon screen, the pc just restarts..

I had to start in safety mode (Last working config..) to get it working again. Is there anything I can do about ut?

Some info:

Language: Norwegian
    Mainbord driver: Intel 8xx Chipset
    Video driver: ATI Radeon video driver
    Audio driver: C-Media CMI9880L for ASUS
    DVD Software: DVD Solution 2ch "DS 2.0A"

Hope you can help me! Its very annoying

You shouldn't have use last good config, but boot into safe mode and press ESC when prompted to abort loading of sptd.sys, then rename/remove that driver and check if it solves the issue.
    Anyway, do you have minidump available related to that crash (in Windows\Minidump folder)? If so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    If not check if you've one of the following files in Windows\System32\Drivers directory:
    afs2k.sys,
    prosync1.sys,
    nwfs.sys,
    GearASPIwdm.sys
    Do you use any anti-virus software? We had a report that McAfee anti-virus seemed to cause a problem.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Booting in safe mode (regular safe mode) works fine without any "Esc-hitting".

I use ezAntivirus from CA. I'll look for the dump.

Comment

There seems to be crash in aspi32.sys. What version of ASPI do you use?

Comment

I had exactly the same problem !

In my case this problem was due to the presence of a StarForce protected game already installed in my computer.
          And I had to remove the "prosync1.sys" file in order to achieve complete installation of Daemon-Tools. Otherwise it reboots more and more just after the WinXP boot logo.

I hope it will serve ..

Comment

Working...
          X