Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Corrupted Windows Installation

Hi,
    I just built a new PC and spend about 10 hours getting all the lastest updates installing software etc...

I was tired of inserting BF2 CD every time I wanted to play so I thought I would give this software a shot. I created a mini image using alcahol and then used daemon tools to mount the image. However I later realized I now had 2 extra drives, one just said DVD drive and hte other was the correct Virtual BF2 drive/image. I tried to remove the extra DVD drive and it would not go away so I unmounted all virtual drive, it would still not go away.

I then rebooted my machine and I can no longer boot into windows, I get a BSOD before windows loads...I know that this is related to the virtual drive. What can I do besides re-install EVERYTHING again..

Thanks,
    Justin.

Boot into safe mode then hit ESC when prompted to load sptd.sys. Then rename/delete the driver and boot into windows normally then uninstall DAEMON Tools.

Comment

In the other thread you mentioned you also had Alcohol installed - you sure it wasn't Alcohol's virtual device you complain about?
      Unmounting won't remove the virtual device, just remove/unmount the mounted image.
      If you don't want the virtual device you've to disable it in Virtual CD/DVD-ROM menu (Set number of devices -> Disable).
      Which Daemon Tools version did you use? For manual removal procedure to remove leftovers check the following threads in common problems and solutions forum:
      v3.43 - v3.47: the thread about error 25002,
      v4.0x: the thread about how to remove v4.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
      X