Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I manually uninstall D-Tools?

Hi,

I had a thread a few days ago wondering what to do about my installation of Daemon Tools, which caused my computer to reboot every time I went into Windows.

Since then, I've hooked up another hard drive and booted off a Windows installation on it, so I'm able to access the files on the original drive. I plan to delete the files that load up Daemon-Tools at startup, so that I can figure out exactly what the problem is. What I need to know is which files those are. If anyone can tell me the files that I should get rid of, that would be extremely useful.

Thanks!

Nick Halpern-Manners

You should remove C:\windows\system32\drivers\st*.* and pnp*.* after backing them up.

Comment

Thanks, I removed st3wolf.sys and stwlfbus.sys and the system booted up like a charm...

My new question is, how can I install Daemon Tools without my computer flipping out again? Is it possible?

Comment

Post your latest minidump file (from C:\windows\minidump). We can then analyze this file and maybe help you out.

Comment

Here is a link to the latest minidump file.

That one was from after I removed st3wolf.sys and stwlfbus.sys. Here is one from right in the middle of all the problems, when it was constantly rebooting.

Hopefully that helps!

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

Your problem is with pcatip.sys, which is part of blindwrite. You should get latest version and see if this fixes your problems.

Comment

Working...
            X