Fixing common setup and SPTD errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing common setup and SPTD errors

I downloaded Daemon-tools a few days ago and got a few errors with SPTD and when trying to install. Now a few days later I have finally managed to install Daemon-tools and got it to work!

The following errors (messages) I managed to fix:

- "Failed to open config key"
    - "System hang-up on boot after installation of DT"
    - "Initialization error.This program requires at least windows 2000 with sptd 1.24 or higher. Kernal debugger must be deactivated"
    - "Internal setup error. Contact Support"

And here is how I managed to do it:

1. Make sure neither Daemon-tools or SPTD is installed on your system. If any is installed, remove Daemon-tools with the included uninstaller and SPTD by going to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename SPTD.sys to something else (for ex. SPTD.sys.old) or delete it.
    2. Download the correct installer and SPTDinst for your OS (you can find them both at the Download section.
    3. Reboot your system into Safe mode.
    4. Start the installer of DT and it will popup with a windows telling you that SPTD will be installed. Click "ok" and it will ask you to restart - Press ok / restart manually.
    5. Make sure you boot into safemode once again.
    6. Start the installer of DT again - now it will install correctly. When it asks if you want to run DT, run it. It will run properly and make sure to set the device number to at least "1". Then close the program through the tray (Rightclick -> Exit).
    7. Reboot again, this time into normal mode.
    8. Now the installer with DT will run auto. and Daemon-tools will fail with a error and won't be able to start. Don't worry - just close down the installer and press ok at the error message that DT generated.
    9. Reboot again, into safe mode. This time it will say (before loading windows) "Press Esc to cancel loading of SPTD.sys". Press Esc (make sure to be fast enough).
    10. Now open up the "Start Menu" -> "Run" and type "cmd" (without the quotes).
    11. Change the directory to where the file SPTDinst is located, by typing "cd directoryname" (withouth the quotes) and press "Enter".
    12. Type "SPTDinst_Xxx.exe add" (without the quotes) and press ok when a window pops up. Now it will tell you to restart, do so and boot up into normal mode.

Now Daemon-tools should start properly, without any errors. At least this worked for me. Good luck and I hope it works for you too aswell.

// ViloN
Working...
X