Need Help Asap Plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Asap Plz

I installed DT 4.03 on my pc today after a format i did yesterday.Never had any problem with DT since today's problem.Once DT was installed it took over drive letter E which was my ext usb maxtor HDD.Since then i don't have any access to that hdd!!!I tried rearranging the drive letters,unistalled DT and deleted any sys file left behind but i still can't access the hdd!!!The hdd is still visible in explorer but once i try to access it,it gives me the message "E is not accesible.The parameter is not correct." or even worse my pc crashes!!!I need some files on that hdd desperately-Any help?!?!

deinstall the ext hdd via workplace and than plug it again into your usb port should install itself again and should be useable again.

Comment

Note that the drive letter assignment is done by Windows, not Daemon Tools.
      You actually face the bug in Windows mount point manager, where a new drive is mapped over already existing drive mapping.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I tried deinstalling the hdd and reinstalling.Problem still there though... I've even tried plugging the hdd on another pc but i couldn't get any access even there... Im running out of ideas here guys...

Comment

Right click on my computer.... then choose "manage"
          go to "disk management".
          Once there, locate either your virtual drive or your USB ext. drive.
          Right-click on it, and choose the opion, "change drive letter and paths"
          Then just reassign whichever one u wanted to change...
          (Works for all drives except the drive which has windows installed on it - usually this is C: Drive)
          P.S. My virtual drive I ALWAYS change to x:
          It makes it sound so much more mysterious... :P
          SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Already tried that-No success...

Comment

I myself am having the same problem.

I've told it to un-mount several times, I've re-booted a couple of times, but now one of my disks is missing, but even after re-boot I see a "new" cd rom, and when I double click on it, I get the image. My disk seems to have disappeared (using 3.4.7x).

Any additional thoughts would be very welcome on this subject.

Comment

Working...
              X