SecuRom at War: Fix for EAW :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecuRom at War: Fix for EAW :)

Ok this is my 1st post. I’ve been going crazy over this game, trying to make it work, for last 4 days. I’m sure many of you guys have done same. Some lucky would have made it work but like me lot other probably still yet to make it work. Forget CureRom, Pr0t.St0p, SR7.Stop etc.
    All you need is DT 4.03, sd4hide, AntiSecuROM and a mini-image. Heh that’s quite a list!!!

Here are the steps.
    1) Mount the image on DT and install the game(I used dt4.03H on my desktop and dt3.42 on my Ferrari lappy)

2) Download this mini image and use this rather then the one u made/dled.

http://***********

3) Now use sd4hide to hide the emulation and don’t forget to CLOSE it . (this one worked for me you can try others if u want)

4) Use AntiSecuRom to launch the game which is “C:\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\sweaw.exe”

5) If you happen to have ZoneAlarm block internet access for sweaw.exe(Just incase things go bad)

Now I have used this method on both my comp and lappy and played the game all day with my bro multiplayer. Both ver 1.00 and 1.02 works. I’ve started the game at least 20 time today without any errors at all. Hope it works for you.

PS: Sorry for the long and repeated post

Edit by Underheaven: Sorry, links to mini-images are not permitted.

EDIT/UPDATE Becaue of the forum ruls i can not put the url to mini. Sorry for that Underheaven and all the member of this forum. Thanks guys.
    If you have any quastion you can PM me. Will be happy to help.
    Last edited by darth rAVEn; 02.03.2006, 13:20.

Why do you need to block internet access?
    Carpe diem

Comment

You already tried it without hiding the drives with sd4hide. It should work with only using Antisecurom.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

hmm i think you should block it for game not to stop runing ... in some cases it might hapen with i-net access
        antisecurom doesn't work for allmost evryone who don't have sp2...

Comment

No need to hide emulation, thanks AnalCobra.

i block the net access cause the game does check for update all by it self and i'm also peranoid peson. we had to do this for quake4 so now it's just a habbit.

Comment

i block the net access cause the game does check for update all by it self and i'm also peranoid peson
            err... aren't updates supposed to be a good thing..?
            btw... yes, you are very paranoid...!

If you own a legal copy of the game(s) there is nothing to be paranoid about...
            Mail:
            curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0
              err... aren't updates supposed to be a good thing..?
              btw... yes, you are very paranoid...!

If you own a legal copy of the game(s) there is nothing to be paranoid about...

Yes it's good thing to update games. i just don't want this fix to stop working. anyways the game works fine with 1.02 patch, no complains here :wink:

Comment

It's perfectly works for me! And I updated my game it's always working! Thank you very much... Now I can play EAW without worrying to break my Original DVD...!

Comment

Working...
                X