X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samanthanicole
    replied
    Thank you also for this explanation. I've been looking for answers that is similar situation/problem like these.

Leave a comment:

• forest503
    replied
    Thanks for explaination!
    when I am playing games with SF 3.X, I will use starfuck to kill my phisical CD-ROM.

Leave a comment:

• qawsedrftg
    replied
    Originally Posted by Wiggles2 View Post
    How does SATA play into this? Do the copt protections not consider it an IDE optical drive and therefore not check for SCSI drives, or is it still in fact considered IDE?
    Perhaps a current example as I just checked it at home mit a Samsumg SH-183A SATA and a P965 Motherboard:

If the SATA-Drive is plugged into the SATA-Ports directly provided by the Chipset, it is considered as IDE-Drive.
    However, if the SATA-Drive is pluged into the SATA-port provided by the onBoard JMicron-Controller (almost every P965-Board has such one), it is considered as SCSI-Drive.

As on P965-Boards, also IDE-Ports are provided by JMicron (no native support via Chipset), it is quite easy to have such a system using only SCSI-Drives...

Leave a comment:

• Jito463
    replied
    Depends on the controller they're plugged into. If the controller shows drives through the BIOS, then Windows picks them up natively and treats them like IDE drives. If they're connected to an external storage controller that doesn't integrate with the BIOS, then they're seen as SCSI drives by Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Wiggles2
    replied
    What about SATA?

How does SATA play into this? Do the copt protections not consider it an IDE optical drive and therefore not check for SCSI drives, or is it still in fact considered IDE?

Leave a comment:

• Calaf
    replied
    I think my mobo has an nforce chip so i'd like to try whether a starforce protected game image works in my pc without unplugging the drives. In some more recent posts I've read that antiblock features for starforce have been implemented inside daemon tools, so no need for sfcure anymore.. But now then, besides loading an image, do we have to activate something within daemon tools? Perhaps emulation? I'm cautious in enabling emulation 'coz i fear blacklisting
    Please lemme know what must be done besides loading the image, instead of sfcure.
    And one more question.. If blacklisting happened, is it permanent? Or re-enabling the virtual drive will do? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Calaf
    replied
    Thanks for the info Underheaven.
    Anyway must I confirm what someone else has already said here, that opening the case at times can't be done for warranty issues, at least in Italy where I live and most presumably in the rest of Europe as well.
    Another naif question:
    is making ide virtual drives really possible? Why all the up to now available virtual drives are scsi ?

ps: hehe, without aglets one wouldn't be able to thread the shoelace in the holes

Leave a comment:

• Underheaven
    replied
    No, Calaf its not the same. Today's copy protections re-enable them even while your system is running and without rebooting. And then you'll see a copy protection message.

Leave a comment:

• dotc0m
    replied
    Would like to know about this because im running a Laptop so i dont want to remove my drive to play.

Leave a comment:

• Calaf
    replied
    bios?

Pardon me for being too naif, but .. if one disables his optical drive through in the bios , isn't it the same as physically unplugging it to the operative system?

Leave a comment:

• NetSoerfer
    replied
    Some laptops allow you to remove your optical drive (e.g. to use an additional battery). You can also check out AnalCobra's Guide to using extra programs... for help how to play games with SCSI blacklists without unplugging your drives.

Leave a comment:

• _Lynx_
    replied
    I wouldn't mind if I had to unplug the optical drives... My problem is that I have a laptop... How can I unplug my dvd drive? I heard about the StarForce nightmare, but i also heard it damages the hardware... what am I gonna do now? Is there any other way of unplugging it? Everytime I try to unistall when I rebbot windows fixes it...

Leave a comment:

• Sabrehawk
    replied
    Originally Posted by IcarusV2X
    Yeah but will it work for the newest versions of starforce? Cuz I can't open my chasis because of the waranty which I intend on keeping since I am a valued customer at the shop where I bought my computer and have been since 1999. So pulling out the IDE cables is not an option for me.
    I dont know where you live dude but its time to change your
    store if opening your case "voids warranty" in their opinion...
    legally that is utter bullshit.

Leave a comment:

replied
    It is not working for Me

I have latest DT (4.03) and nForce4 chipset. I tryed all solutions described on this forum but without any functionality. None for Me is working... Can Me help somebody?

(sorry for My English)

Leave a comment:

• infamouskiller
    replied
    These are very easy to fix run the protection software like normal just uninstall your cd rom from device manager whala works

every new game i got i found that uninstalling my cd rom fixes it authentication issues hope this helps later IK

Leave a comment:

Working...
X