• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ß
    replied
    Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
    Wait for next DT Pro update which should be available very
    soon!
    and what about dt ? or is it abandoned ?

Leave a comment:

• LocutusofBorg
    replied
    Wait for next DT Pro update which should be available very
    soon!

Leave a comment:

• A.Hecka
    replied
    Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
    I know have some free time again to work on a newer version of Y.A.S.U...
    I'll keep you all updated on the progress of the mewer version...
    Kind Regards,
    sYk0
    As the DT Developers are a bit quiet atm I would like to ask whatґs going on with Yasu. Any progress against the latest lamelists?

Bought more originals the last few days then in the whole year... But I am afraid of patching them to get an only-from-disc-running piece of code...

Thx

Leave a comment:

• moloch200
    replied
    Originally Posted by xileF1337 View Post
    @Topic: Great news, can't wait to see the next version of your amazing tool sYk0
    Oh yes, me too.

Leave a comment:

• xileF1337
    replied
    I also think the purpose of copy protection is to also wear out your "original disc so you can buy it again". Whats next you have 1 year to play the game before the disc begins to rot after you have open it and breaking the warranty seal in the process lol. And there excuse will be "in one year you will not be thinking about that game since there be great titles to play" this better not become a reality or you looking at lots of angry customers
    I think they won't realize this until they see those (ex)customers

This is also (one of) the reason(s) why I don't like Steam very much: If, for whatever reason, Valve would shut down their servers you couldn't play your payed game anymore. That's why I prefer a disc without any crappy registration scheme on it: I can play the game whenever I want, and not only when someone wants me to can

@Topic: Great news, can't wait to see the next version of your amazing tool sYk0

Leave a comment:

• MarioJP
    replied
    I also think the purpose of copy protection is to also wear out your "original disc so you can buy it again". Whats next you have 1 year to play the game before the disc begins to rot after you have open it and breaking the warranty seal in the process lol. And there excuse will be "in one year you will not be thinking about that game since there be great titles to play" this better not become a reality or you looking at lots of angry customers

Leave a comment:

• ß
    replied
    nothing, it was an error, then it was too late to delete.

Leave a comment:

• Terramex
    replied
    Originally Posted by ß View Post
    cod4 -> sdv4.81
    What's the content of that here
    It has already been posted in the right section

Leave a comment:

• ß
    replied
    cod4 -> sdv4.81

Leave a comment:

• PegHorse
    replied
    Copy protections and users who are tired to play with original disk is a digital WAR because they don't trust us but we have to trust them... ha ha ha...

Unfortunately the WAR will never end.
    One time YASU will win, then the protection will be enforced, then YASU will be too and etc...
    Its an infinite loop.

Well true fact : Usually before to buy DT Pro, i didn't care about Protection who require original disc so i given to my Player and it was ok.
    BUT, after broken some original disc because using it a lots! There i started to become seriously FURIOUS against PROTECTION COPY.

Look, about Starcraft from Blizzard, i bought 3 original disc...
    About Warcraft 3 Phrozen Throne, i did same...
    THIS IS ABUSED. And i wanna fight against that !
    Yes because when your disc are broken, you request to them to send you another one, its also a War to convince them to send new one to you ! At what price ? Call prices are expensives...

Welcome to Paranoid World, a World where no one trust each other. That's the result, that's why Copy Protection...

So thanks for helping us with Y.A.S.U and i wish you Good Luck and Courage

Leave a comment:

• Jito463
    replied
    All of the Valve games, and some of the 3rd party games that are published by Valve through Steam, can be bought in the store and then registered through Steam so you can have both. A physical copy, and then a disk-less method of playing the game. Personally, I love Steam's distribution model. I think they're one of the few who got it right. It's not perfect (their policy states they can block accounts if you're caught sharing, and they consider it sharing even if it's in the same house), but overall, I think it's a good system.

Leave a comment:

• Kane3162
    replied
    I hate to be the one to say it but I totally hate CD/DVD's.......

Now you have to understand that I work for a LAN center as the Head Tech.... for so long Daemon Tools has been their for us (and any other lan center in existence) and with YASU it makes offering such a wide variety of games possible

However in order to make the most slick gaming pc's NO CD/DVD ROM's are in use here... we have 80 SFF PC's 40 copies of every game we offer (and lic management) and as such not having a working YASU or Daemon Tools is not really something we can live with...

For being Head Tech I make shit and always am scraping by otherwise I would love to donate like $200 to sYk0 to fuel his desire for this project... so please don't let this die otherwise you kill any LAN Center's chance of being fully functional and a great place to be for all their gaming needs!....

(already C&C3 with latest patch we have had to temporarily remove from our games list along with a few others... BF2142 being another one with its halfway map loading glitch with the EA Downloader files copied....)

As always BIG thanks to sYk0 and the Daemon Tools Team please keep it alive maybe one day the gaming industry will realize the folly they are partaking in... (like EA's latest overview of how the gaming industry isn't going to continue working as it currently is)

Thanks

nXLevL/EMPulse `W1nGZ3r0`

Leave a comment:

• chrashoverraid
    replied
    i don't mind getting my original disks, when i make a image and it doesn't work because of the copy protection, it will work a few months later.
    so the first weeks i am playing with original discs and after that i use my images.
    i think thats a good solution.
    i don't like the steam thing, i want something solid, a game with a disc and book(which i can read when the game installs).

Leave a comment:

• evlncrn8
    replied
    yup have to agree there, disk based drm (license is the disk kind of), key file / registry / activation drm (like dt pro kind of) and so on.. all variations on drm.. still drm none the less

Leave a comment:

• Jito463
    replied
    Technically speaking, you're right Blazkowicz. However, philosophically speaking, DRM is not an entirely innacurate term to refer to copy protections. They do, after all, manage your rights to use the program/game by forcing you to use the original disc, and they are a digital solution. So in it's own way, it is a form of DRM, even if it isn't actually a true DRM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X