DVD Read/Copy/Burn Guide (LOOK!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Read/Copy/Burn Guide (LOOK!)

If you have problems with copying DVD's or recovering DVD's, CD's or other important data, read below. It contains links to; in my opinion the best freeware/software for the job.

PROBLEM #1

OK, lets say you have a really damaged CD, DVD, Zip, Rar, ISO, Exe, Doc, ppt, pdf etc... And you really want the info back, without having to buy, download, find or create again.

SOLUTION #1

Generally DVD's nowadays are copy protected even if you want to back up or recover them. Well, there is an awesome and cheap piece of software called 'CD/DVD Data Recovery'. It can recover many files although I have only recovered a DVD with it. I had a badly damaged DVD that was copy protected and no program could help me out. Finally I found 'CD/DVD Data Recovery'. It actually told me that my disk was 100.00% Corrupted!!!! I can see why! It then began ripping every file without error or some sort of crash. You simply choose the drive/file then you choose what speed/quality you want. Then you choose how many attempts if fail occurs and then simply choose a folder where you want the files to end up. It may take a while even on the 'Fast' Setting, but it sure does the job. It can probably recover a hard disk but I haven't tried.

Here is a link to 'CD/DVD Data Recovery' Website:

Mirror 1: Click Here to Download the Trial
    Homepage: Click Here to Download/Buy the Product.

PROBLEM #2

OK, say you just want copy a working DVD straight to another DVD. The Disc does not need recovering but you want to back it up. It has a copy protection so you can't use e.g. Nero Burning ROM.

SOLUTION #2

This one is simple, you can get a freeware program (Not a free trial or junk like that, simply a free program for those homers out there ).

I suggest you get this program (DVD Shrink):

Mirror 1 (US/UK): Click here to Download
    Mirror 2 (RO): Click here to Download
    Homepage: Click here to go to the Homepage of DVD Shrink

PROBLEM #3

If you're this far, you gotta lotta problems mate
    Anyway so you ripped your DVD with DVD Shrink, but you can't fit the DVD onto a DVD R/RW! You want to fit it on and are happy to remove certain functions like special features, subtitles or languages and only keep it in your language which is probably UK/US anyway.

SOLUTION #3

With DVD Shrink, you can easily downsize a ripped DVD. It is so simple and here's how its done. On DVD Shrink you can remove the following features:
    • Menu (I'd Keep This bit!)
    • Scene Selection (Keep this if you can)
    • Bonus Features
    • Subtitles (you can keep certain languages)
    • Audio Options (you can keep certain languages)
    • Unwanted Chapters (e.g. Advertisements)
    • And a whole load of others...

OK Now I will recap everything In case some of you couldn't be bothered reading all this "junk"

1. To recover a DVD, CD, VCD, SVCD or Files/Folders trial/buy the following program:

CD/DVD Data Recovery - Click Here!

2. To copy/backup a DVD that is protected but doesn't need recovery download the following free program:

DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 - Click Here to Download!
    Click Here for more info!

3. To downsize a ripped DVD so that it will fit on a regular DVD R/RW, you can download DVD Shrink (there are two links on this post - one is above). The program can get rid of things like adverts, special features, subtitles etc.

If this doesn't answer any of your questions, I got nothing!

Rock on dudes,
    Dan

PS: Oh and don't forget, Nero 7 is the best for burning DVD's once ripped so if you don't have it, buy it already!!!!!
Working...
X