DVD-R and DVD-RWs on vista not working after install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-R and DVD-RWs on vista not working after install

Ok, so I installed daemon tools 4.09 X86 on my Vista Ultimate machine. (Now this is a brand new install of Vista. Nothing but drivers, patches and Office 2007 are installed at this point.)

Now my DVD-RW drive was working fine before I installed daemon tools. I was able to browse my burnt DVD-Rs and RWs just fine.

I installed daemon tools to load up an iso (I work for Microsoft so I was going to start working today on one of our up coming products at home) and DT installed just fine. My machine rebooted, and then finished the install perfectly.

The problem was, any DVD-R or DVD-RW I put into my DVD drive (which worked perfectly fine before) was seen as a blank DVD and vista asked every time if I wanted to format my disks.

I checked and my DVD-RW drive is working fine with regular (non-burnt) disks, and it does appear just fine in my device manager.

Yah...not good.

So anyway, I uninstalled DT thinking that would be the end of the issue....but now I am still stuck with a DVD-RW drive that thinks all my burnt disks (which any of my other six computers can see and browse just fine) are blank.

I know, I know... Microsoft support says that installing Daemon tools is unsupported. I already called internal corp support and they said that you were the best people to ask. (They also said that installing DT puts a person in an unsupported environment and Microsoft will not provide any tech support until it is removed, but since I was an employee it was a mute point since I have access the the same resources they do.)

Any help would be appreciated.
Working...
X