Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you "acquire" many starforce protected games

Originally Posted by MindFever
    Hmm...this is so simple and yet verry smart and much more "cleaner" to bypass the "logic" of starforce protection(s)... Great idea.

Could there be a software that SIMULATES every optical drive as to be shown as SCSI drives in WinXP???Could there be a way to "trick" winXP in that manner ?I thought of that for some time,but im not a programmer...

Oh man,what if someone makes a FAKECD clone app. (remember that DOS app,wich emulated a CD drive from a directory?) ,would it be possible to make such thing for winXP? (i think someone mentioned that before...)

Does it work if i disable the drives in BiOS only? Well,i will wait until a month passes.Only then i will try to buy this IDE controller and try the thingy.Since it would mean - If that much time had passed - SF bypass is (possibly) no-way near a completition ...

If i indeed choose to buy an extra IDE controller and use it,will it impact the performance of CD(-rw)/DVD(-rw) drives? My logic says it wouldnt...i never looked into this stuff more closely though.
    Answers please! I was quite long,so thanks for your patience (to anyone who read this from top to bottom )
    Your post was a while ago but I didn't see it answered so....disabling the drives in the bios will not help with most motherboards (nforce seems to work better with bypassing starforce) past SF version 3.4. For example with Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (which uses SF 3.6), I was forced to physically disconnect the drives, because with my 1865PE motherboard it can still detect the connection despite them being disabled. If you "acquire" many starforce protected games, it might be smart for you to install a new IDE controller....my PCI slots are all used up
Working...
X