How I got it to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I got it to work

I am an avid Daemon tools user and forum READER, but in the hopes this will help at least someone out there, I FInaLLY registered to post this. Here is a copy of the messenger conversation I had with my friend explaining exactly how I got the game to work, and then by the end of the conversation his started working to. In the hopes that it may help some of you, I will post the log for ya.

Me says (12:46 AM):
    obviously I installed the game first using Daemon Tools. the version I downloaded said: "PCDVD - Star Wars Empire At War [English] [WwW.GamesTorrents.CoM]". I got it off of ISOhunt.com. . . after installing it, the first time I tried to run it just through Daemon 4, but it noticed I had an emulator and closed (I installed the DVD version, maybe that makes a difference with this)
    Me says (12:48 AM):
    then I dl'd cureROM Pro 1.3.1 and loaded it up. . . then I clicked next on the first screen (leaving it to install at default place)
    then I left everything default on the second screen clicked next
    left it checked to run, and clicked finished
    Me says (12:49 AM):
    create a new curerom profile - next
    Me says (12:50 AM):
    For application, I found the LaunchEAW.exe file in the empire at war directory in program files and clicked open
    My Friend says (12:50 AM):
    you got it to work on launcheaw.exe?
    My Friend says (12:50 AM):
    no one else has
    Me says (12:50 AM):
    Yes I got it to work with the launcheaw.exe. Anyway, I left application arguments blank, left curerom anti-blacklist measures checked as defaulted - NEXT
    Me says (12:51 AM):
    I changed "IMAGE Mounting software" dropbox to "USE "DAEMON tools" to mount my backup images."
    Me says (12:52 AM):
    then under Backup image I found my DVD image on my harddrive and selected that
    My Friend says (12:52 AM):
    i've even tried it with alc120
    the image I selected is called MIR-EAW.mds file (maybe you have a different EAW version)
    emulation options are ALL checked at the bottom
    use virtual drive 1 to mount backup images
    Me says (12:53 AM):
    check mark in "wait 3 seconds for backup image to load, before running the application"
    Me says (12:53 AM):
    suspend and unmount options are both UNCHECKED - NEXT
    My Friend says (12:54 AM):
    so far nothing is differant from what i've been trying
    Me says (12:54 AM):
    Shortcut name - I named it "Empire at War - LaunchEAW" for the shortcut
    Me says (12:55 AM):
    under shortcut icon it defaults to "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\LaunchEAW.exe, 0"
    don't know what the , and 0 mean after the exe
    My Friend says (12:55 AM):
    it should say more to the left
    create shortcut on the desktop is checked, neither of the others are - NEXT
    My Friend says (12:56 AM):
    hey, it jsut worked
    My Friend says (12:56 AM):
    haven't changed anything from earlier
    Me says (12:56 AM):
    then it shows the profile log, I click SAVE and it worked
    Me says (12:56 AM):
    oh one more thing!
    Me says (12:57 AM):
    first time I loaded it it worked.
    Me says (12:57 AM):
    second time I loaded it, it gave me an error. . . I loaded it right after that and it worked again (WEIRD). So if you get errors sometimes just ignore it and try again because it loaded right up again right after the error I got the one time.
    My Friend says (12:57 AM):
    according to the forums alot of people are having big problems with original legal copies this game is just too secure
    My Friend says (12:58 AM):
    i didn't change anything and it finally loaded up a sec ago
    My Friend says (12:58 AM):
    wanted to see exactly what teh error message said and it loaded

Apparently different people have to set different options with different programs to get it to work with different images (for instance with my image I can get it to work with Launcheaw.exe and other people can't get it to work with that file but they can with others). Like I said, if you download that image I listed above from ISOHUNT.com and then use the settings I detailed above using Curerom, it works just great. I hope that helps at least SOMEONE.
Working...
X