Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.30.1 Freezes During Installs (possible RAID issue)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SnowLeopard
    replied
    No, I've avoided Vista as best I can - I have Vista Business licences for my PCs at home, but all have been downgraded to XP Pro.

I have a dual-boot XP/Vista on my laptop, but as I mentioned earlier my laptop has no problems with anything (no RAID/etc).

Sorry

Leave a comment:

• Niko76
    replied
    @SnowLeopard

Did you try on Vista too ? Try it if you can.

Leave a comment:

• SnowLeopard
    replied
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    ASUSTek M2N32-SLI Premium Mainboard - nForce 590 SLI

At present, running with the 2008-08-22 bios update (1202) and the 15.23 nForce drivers. (previously had out-of-date versions of both, probably close to 12 months old)

Leave a comment:

• Niko76
    replied
    It's due to NForce chipset. I've an X38 Chipset and I'm using ICH9R Southbridge in Raid 0 mode and no problems at all.

P.S. Please anyone having raid issues, post entire configuration (I mean also Operating System and not only the raid controller).
    Last edited by Niko76; 23.12.2008, 17:46.

Leave a comment:

• Kapitaenk
    replied
    The RAID bug still hasn't been fixed in Version 4.30.2.

Leave a comment:

• cleaner99
    replied
    I also have the same problem:

NForce4 SLI
    NVIDIA RAID 0 with 2x 250 GB Western Digital YS
    GForce 8800 GT

It works perfectly from a HDD not as part of a RAID !

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

c99

Leave a comment:

• Circa909
    replied
    yeah glad I found this thread.. I've been trying to use .iso files that i had for years and every time it freezes during installs like all of yours.

Nforce Mobo 680i
    Intel CPU
    Raid 5
    Nvidia 8800 gtx
    4gb ram
    XP Pro x64

Leave a comment:

• Kapitaenk
    replied
    I have the same problem.

When the image is on my RAID drive, Daemon freezes my Computer. If the Image is on my local non-RAID drive, then everything works perfectly.

Version 4.12.2 would cause my computer to freeze when loading any mini images from the RAID drive - the rest worked fine. Version 4.30.1 causes the computer to freeze if any Image is loaded from the RAID drive.

Daemon Tools used to be able to load images from my RAID drive without any problems. Please fix this bug!

Leave a comment:

• Woet
    replied
    Same problem, same setup, same solution as the people before me.

Using nvidia raid (M2N-SLI Deluxe, nforce 570), and it fails when burning with the RAID disks. 4.30.1 freezes with it, 4.30 works fine.

Leave a comment:

• FesterSilently
    replied
    Ah-ha!

Ah-ha!

That's it! All my friends and I have RAIDed setups! But not just NF4 (although that's all *I've* got): one friend has NF7 and the other has an Intel (X38 I think?) RAID going.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• SnowLeopard
    replied
    That would explain why the weird behavior is happening on my desktop (3xSATA2 RAID5 - nForce4) and not on my laptop with the same image files ...

Leave a comment:

• Abelius
    replied
    I totally agree with Mounty, because I almost have an indentical setup as him:

-Windows XP SP3 (clean install)
    -2 SATA HDD RAID 0 with NVRaid driver (NF4 Intel mobo)

I have random system freezes when I use an image located in the RAID, and I didn't have any problems with the previous version, which I've downloaded from another website (not available in your website anymore).

Leave a comment:

• mounty
    replied
    Got the same problem here.

My Config:
    3 HDDs in an NVRaid and Sata HDD with Windows SP3.

Mounting an image with DT 4.30.1 from the raid volume i get an lockup even with very old images. So my first thought was its a problem with installshield.
    But normal filecopy from this raid mounted images could even result in a total lockup of windows.

Mounting and installing the images from the non raid OS HDD works flawless with 4.30.1.

So my logical conclusion is that 4.30.1 dont like the NVRaid driver. The driver is 6.86 for NF4 boards. The older versions of DT didn't had a problem with the raid at all.

The thread opener should ask his friend if he mounted the images from raid on his intel setup.

Leave a comment:

• Jito463
    replied
    Originally Posted by FesterSilently View Post
    And then I couldn't remember which friend I'd lent out my original discs to (because I found my box/manuals/etc., but no discs), I had to go hunt down a warezed .iso image from the net, because, as you know, I couldn't use v4.30.1 in my systems.

Just going by *your* words.

Leave a comment:

• FesterSilently
    replied
    @Blazkowicz

Ah-ha! All apologies, then - I was thinking about the proper and legal BlindWrite images I'd made for myself...and had completely forgotten I'd had to resort to that!

Thanks for the reminder! And thanks for the consideration.

Yours,
    Fester

Leave a comment:

Working...
X