Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DTLite Won't Create Virtual Drive

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Terramex
    replied
    In addition to the devfilter.exe tool

    Originally Posted by Guasimara View Post
    ...in my registry the CDROM entry has not filters but it does the DISKDRIVE entry. Should I edit it?
    No ! Only filters in the optical drives stack may render DT lite unusable.

    Please try to temporarily disable the avast! Real-Time shields.
    If that doesen't help: Open the System Configuration Utility (msconfig.exe).
    Go to 'Services' and check 'Hide all Microsoft services'.
    Choose to 'Disable all' and restart your system.
    Any improvement ? (you can revert the changes made at that same place).

    Or -for testing purposes- i would uninstall avast.
    You can save your current avast settings under Settings -> General (or in older versions: Maintenance)
    Last edited by Terramex; 26.02.2014, 18:19.

    Leave a comment:


  • SUPPORT1
    replied
    Hello,
    You may use this software to find what driver is system or not

    Leave a comment:


  • Guasimara
    replied
    Hi. I have the same problem with DTL 4.48. I have checked the article from Microsoft and in my registry the CDROM entry has not filters but it does the DISKDRIVE entry. Should I edit it? Now it has Lowerfilters=EhStorClass and Upperfilter=PartMgr but I'm not sure if I should delete them as the article talks only about DVD/CDROM.

    btw my optical drivers works fine and I've got Avast antivirus. The PC is new with windows 8.1.

    thank you

    Leave a comment:


  • Terramex
    replied
    Please manually delete upper/lower filter as described here (Resolution):
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1).

    btw. is your physical optical drive working ok ?
    Which security software(s) are you using ?

    Leave a comment:


  • catthepatch
    started a topic DTLite Won't Create Virtual Drive

    DTLite Won't Create Virtual Drive

    Have removed asd reinstalled DT Lite several times. Using Win XP SP3, Dell Dimension 4600. Worked well in the past but, now won't create virtual drive. What am I doing wrong? Help!
Working...
X