C&C fans awaiting the release of Red Alert 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C&C fans awaiting the release of Red Alert 3

It seems the game will be released on October 1st 2008 globally.

Looking forward to see the new side "Empire of the Rising Sun" (the Japanese).
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Who of you plan to join the beta-tests for RedAlert 3?
    I have thought about to join it and maybe later even create
    own server (after official release) to make some tournaments - is anyone interested in this?

Comment

As I understand, one has to buy C&C3 Kane's Wrath in order to be qualified for the RA3 beta programme. I didn't want to buy it just to qualify, out of principles

Comment

I agree with you mastermind about paying for that. Blizzard did the same thing with Blizzcon- pay and you get a unique code for the beta 'The Wrath of the Lich King' expansion. A real beta should not be limited to korea or china and would not be '2 weeks before the game goes live' (fake beta). Speaking of fake beta's and postponed release dates- I wonder if there are any companies famous for doing such things. Obvious is the valve source code excuse (HL2) ... i'm off to some googling
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hopefully the final game is rocking as it should
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

I bought Kanes wrath anyway so this is no problem for me (the betatest) - although I agree that this may be looking to others weird when EA decided to offer betatest only to customers, it can sometimes make sense (we do this sometimes, too - reason is that we made the experience that customers are often more reliable).

However, I'm in doubt if I like the new japanese fraction, this is because the protagonists there (units) doesnt fit in the setting (of course I may be wrong about this, and even HOPE I am wrong). Japan as hightech nation is a great idea - but the unit-design is strange and a bit too anime-like. But maybe this is just me. Japans invented so many great things in the past that I really hope they make it into the final game, I dont know if I like schoolgirls as command-unit LOL

Comment

Haha. Anime-like units does not seem very appropriate, I agree with that. I have not personally tried the beta, and know very little of their units (I have however read about some of them on the Red Alert 3 official homepage).

About the Kane's Wrath prerequisite; I am a customer, and have bought almost all Command & Conquer games over the years (including Command & Conquer 3), but I have little interest in this particular expansion - and the way I see it, this is more of a marketing scheme to boost sales of Kane's Wrath than a method of identifying unique customers.

Actually, I personally think that the C&C games are going in a somewhat bad direction. They are getting more and more sci-fi, but at the same time taking place in the real world, not too far from our timeline. In my opinion, sci-fi should preferably be "pure" sci-fi (like e.g. StarCraft), and not a mix. My all-time favorite C&C game is C&C Generals, which is more "down to earth" than the Red Alert series and C&C 3. But I am still a big fan of the entire series, and have high expectations to Red Alert 3.

Comment

- We will authenticate your game online when you install and launch it the first time.

- We will never re-authenticate an installation online after the first launch. In other words, no reaching out to a central server post-install to see if you’re “allowed” to play.

- You will be able to install and play on up to five computers.

- This system means you don't have to play with the disc in your computer. Personally, I think this is a huge improvement over our previous copy protection requirements, which have always required a disk to play.

- Life happens. I know it’s unlikely, but for those unlucky few who install the game and have their machines nuked (virus, OS reinstall, major hardware upgrade, etc.) five times, EA Customer Service will be on hand to supply any additional authorizations that are warranted. This will be done on a case-by-case basis by contacting customer support.

-You can, of course, play offline without impediment or penalty.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

RA3 surely has a couple of really hard campaign levels. The last Allied campaign mission is perhaps the hardest C&C campaign level I've ever played.

Comment

C&C fans awaiting the release of Red Alert 3

About this Group

For C&C Red Alert fans excited about the upcoming release of Red Alert 3.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 1
                  Comments: 8

Group Categories

Collapse

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X