Safely Remove Hardware Icon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safely Remove Hardware Icon?

I only noticed this today but it could have been there for a while. When I add an SCSI drive and then mount an image I notice that the Safely Remove Hardware symbol appears on the bottom right of my taskbar. Is this normal and if not do I need to do something to make the daemon tools virtual drive appear like an internal drive and not an external?

Any help appreciated.

If no one has a solution can anyone confirm that when they add an SCSI drive through daemon tools lite and then mounts an image to that drive, that they Safely Remove Hardware icon appears on the taskbar. I would like to know if this only happens on my machine.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

AFAIR that issue occured when using some old DT/SPTD version in Win 7 RC.

If you're using a current DT version this isn't by design - maybe a bug.
      Which motherboard do you have ?
      Which Windows & DT version ?

Please also contact our official technical support with reference to this thread: Contacts :: DAEMON-Tools.cc

btw. removable doesn't necessarily mean external
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
        AFAIR that issue occured when using some old DT/SPTD version in Win 7 RC.

If you're using a current DT version this isn't by design - maybe a bug.
        Which motherboard do you have ?
        Which Windows & DT version ?

Please also contact our official technical support with reference to this thread: Contacts :: DAEMON-Tools.cc

btw. removable doesn't necessarily mean external
        Thanks for the response. I am using DT lite v4413. I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and my motherboard is a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R.

Thanks also for the clarification.

Comment

Originally Posted by pageyboy View Post
          Thanks also for the clarification.
          Ok , guess i wasn't right (not to say completely wrong ).
          Just tested on a win 7 notebook down to version 4.35.5 (SPTD 1.62).
          Always a removable devices when image is mounted.

Seems to depend on how the chipset/driver handles SCSI devices in general.
          Maybe i can educe some more profound info from a dev.
          If you don't need the SCSI drive for advanced emulation just use the DT drive instead.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            Ok , guess i wasn't right (not to say completely wrong ).
            Just tested on a win 7 notebook down to version 4.35.5 (SPTD 1.62).
            Always a removable devices when image is mounted.

Seems to depend on how the chipset/driver handles SCSI devices in general.
            Maybe i can educe some more profound info from a dev.
            If you don't need the SCSI drive for advanced emulation just use the DT drive instead.
            Ok thanks for that. At least I know now it isn't just me that this is happening to.

Comment

Working...
            X