No announcement yet.

Does ROSETTA Stone beat Daemon Tools ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problems as the above three posters, and I think my problem comes from the fact that I tried to burn raw files onto an ISO and then to an MDS. The copy protection is lost in the process

So my question is: Is there any way or any application out there that can create an MDS from raw files?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Is there any way or any application out there that can create an MDS from raw files?
      You can convert the files into an MDS-image, but it wouldn't contain the information necesary to beat the protection (it's not possible to extract this information outa the raw files as they don't tell you anything about the structure of the original disc).

Comment

Damned.___

Comment

Try using TRS v2.0.8.1A

I have not been able to do what this whole forum is attempting to do. However, I am running v2.0.8.1A and I am able to run v2.1.4.1A lessons. Haven't done them all, of course, but so far every lesson I have tried has worked. New lessons - Farsi, Afgani and whatnot - will probably not work in this manner. But I am not going to those places, I hope.

Comment

Hey guys....sorry to resurrect a dead post....but i need to back up my Rosetta Stone and I created the dmf* or whatever image using the Alcohol.

I used D.T. Pro to mount the image on to a fake drive.

And now i need to burn the image to the CD or DVD...how do i do that so that the software would NOT recognize that this is a burn disc...and what program do i use to burn it with???

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

Comment

does the image work flawlessly? In such case we recommend
              to burn the disc with Alcohols RMPS function back to a CD-R

Another option would be to simple burn the image-files (mdf/mds) to a blank CD-R and mount them directly from the
              CD-R then.

If that was NOT your intention but instead you want to burn
              the disc so that you can use them (the burned copy) without
              DAEMON Tools - the answer is no, this is not possible.

So for backup-purposes I would simple write the image-files to disc. You can than either mount them directly or copy them back to your HDD, whatever you prefer...

Comment

rosetta stone version 2

if it helps anyone, i was able to succesfully backup vietnamese version 2 language by using clonecd, protected game backup, delete image after burn, then using the same sony reader/writer, burn on a blank disk, then right click the sheep head in the task bar and hide cdr media. i tried some others with no success, and i'll probably have to uninstall them to get it to run on my other computers as it says they wont run with any emulation software installed, which i think is a bunch of crap on rosetta stones side as i need emulation software to run software not related to rosetta stone on our network. but long story short, it works!

Comment

Ok, Im in a similar situation except that I'm not trying to create CDs, I'm trying to mount the file. Weather I use Daemon or Power
                  Iso, I get the same result. What happens is when I go to mount iso image, it opens the image and displays four folders called, Data, Documents, Speech and Language. That is as far as I get. Sure I can open those folders, but that is pointless. There are no set up or anything like that.

Comment

Recreate your image with proper profile in DT Pro - to get proper profile, scan program exe and dlls with a copy protection scanner like Protection ID.
                    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                      Recreate your image with proper profile in DT Pro - to get proper profile, scan program exe and dlls with a copy protection scanner like Protection ID.
                      There are no .exe or .dll files though and I don't believe there is suppose to be with the language portion. There are two parts to the software. 1) Application 2) Which ever language file you choose such as French, German, etc.

Comment

OK, just checked - it should be SafeDisc.

So use SafeDisc profile for creating an image.

It is also possible you have to mount the image (the new one) into vIDE of DT Pro Advanced.
                        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                        X