Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plextor PX-880SA vs LiteOn iHAS124-19 SATA

Hello folks!

any information regarding subchannel, rpm and dpm capabilities of the writers mentioned in the subject?

And what does the plextor one better? It's almost twice as expensive at my local retailer.

And, while I'm at it, can somebody guide me to the sticky thread with supported writers...I just can't find it

Thanks in advance, have a nive day!

The Plextor 880SA is a rebadged LiteOn iHAS424 A (Mediatek chipset).
    So if you want to save some money go for the original

From what i read most LiteOn drives (no matter whether Mediatek or NEC chipset) should be ok for DPM.
    Last edited by Terramex; 15.07.2010, 14:22.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hi!

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      From what i read most LiteOn drives (no matter whether Mediatek or NEC chipset) should be ok for DPM.
      Ok, thanks very much Terramax. So I'll probapbly get the iHAS124-19, if its working, ok. if not, i'll take it back.
      Theres something I dont really get: If the drive is DPM-capable, does that automatically mean it can read and write subchannel data? those are, technically wise, two completely different things, arent they?

Comment

Originally Posted by thembones View Post
        ...those are, technically wise, two completely different things, arent they?
        Yes, they are.
        But don't worry as all current drives are capable of reading/writing subchannel data.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X