Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pls update your Translations for DT 4.11 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
      Strings that are already translated shouldn't be necessary to update.
      I must disappoint you. The existing strings are changed from time to time in new releases. You just may not know about it.
      I watch for it every time comparing old and new DLLs the way I described earlier in this thread.

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
        I must disappoint you. The existing strings are changed from time to time in new releases. You just may not know about it.
        I watch for it every time comparing old and new DLLs the way I described earlier in this thread.
        I'm in no doubt that the strings are updated; small grammatical corrections and such. But I have a hard time believing that they change meaning, in other words that the purpose or message is changed. I have done comparisons myself in the past, without seeing any significant changes to existing strings. If you insist that there has been significant changes to existing strings, please give examples so that I can check my translation.
        Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes ! Many thanks ! This is how it should be.
          OJi.

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
            If you insist that there has been significant changes to existing strings, please give examples so that I can check my translation.
            The meaning changes are not significant, but if you want stay close to original string you need to change your translation as sometimes wording is changed significantly.

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
              The meaning changes are not significant, but if you want stay close to original string you need to change your translation as sometimes wording is changed significantly.
              Here are changed and removed strings from first release to current version. New strings are not included and intermediate versions were not compared. Therefore if some new strings were changed in intermediate releases those changes might be missing.

- 4047 "All virtual drives are going to be removed. Are you sure?"

- 4207 "Initializing driver"
              + 4207 "Initializing driver..."

- 4234 "Connection to server failed, please check your internet connection and any firewall software you may have."
              + 4234 "Connection to server failed.\r\nPlease check your internet connection and any firewall software you may have."

- 4235 "There is no Internet connection. In order to check for update please connect to the Internet and try again."

- 4253 "LaserLok"
              + 4253 "LaserLock"

- 4301 "Protection based on subchannel data. Old version is under version 4.8."
              + 4301 "Protection based on subchannel data. Old version, under version 4.8."

- 5260 "Result Faild"
              + 5260 "Result failed"

- 5261 "No write capable image plugin found for this extension extension"
              + 5261 "There is no plugin to write image of this type."

- 64015 "Select new image file"
              + 64015 "Select image file"

- 64034 "Manual"
              + 64034 "Online Manual"

- 64035 "Homepage"
              + 64035 "DT Home Page"

Comment

This is getting better. Can you add these to the thread "Blazkowicz" opened ? It will be easier to follow.
                OJi.
                http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/chan...ll-t20199.html

Comment

These are some old strings and wouldn't fit to the thread as there should only be posted new strings from new versions.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

They should be in my opinion. There can be new strings and modified strings in your thread. If not we should make another thread with modified strings. "oder2" helped me. I had no ideea those strings were modified. Thanks "oder2".

OJi.

Comment

Well, in my thread are only the latest changes/additions.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                      X