Game looking for disk in drive D, but Virtual drive is E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game looking for disk in drive D, but Virtual drive is E

My drives are, C: (of course) with no partitions, then I have a CD/DVD RW drive, which is D:, so DT sets the virtual drive to drive E:, but when I mount the drive and click the executable for the Game (MDK) it won't start until it sees the game disk in drive D.

What can I do?

Use YASU to avoid this message.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks, Blazkowicz for your reply.

I'm not sure what "YASU" is, but I found instructions for going into the Computer Management console and changing the optical drive letter - solved it no problem, no additional download required, on to gaming.

Comment

Some older games (such as MDK) require the disk to be in the lowest drive letter, and some will only play from the drive they were installed from.

Comment

I've got the same problem, and have downloaded yasu but it hasn't solved it. Can anyone help?

Comment

Hey I've ran into the same problem with the same game. I tried YASU but it doesn't work, I tried Capella07's solution but my computer won't allow me to do it (and yes I am administrator of my computer). Are there any other solutions to this?

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
              Some older games (such as MDK) require the disk to be in the lowest drive letter, and some will only play from the drive they were installed from.
              jito just told you to try that...

does anyone actually bother reading anymore?
              my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
              X