Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact support." - can't install lite or pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact support." - can't install lite or pro

Operating system: Windows Vista X64 - SP2
    Security software: Kaspersky internet security 2010

Well, I'm trying to install Daemon tools...
    I've tried Daemon tools lite, and Pro (trial) and both give me the same error: "Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact support."

I disabled kaspersky already, but that didn't help... and yes, I am running the setup file as administrator.

How can I fix this? I kinda need daemon tools.

Thanks

You also disabled Kaspersky's services?
    Are you running any other security software?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      You also disabled Kaspersky's services?
      Are you running any other security software?
      Yes, after disabling kaspersky, and completely closing it, I check at services.msc and the kaspersky service is stopped too.

And no, I'm not running any other security software.

Comment

What is happening when you uninstall Kaspersky for testing purposes?
        Also have you checked hash value of setup matching with the one on download site?
        Peace Through Power

Comment

What is happening when you uninstall Kaspersky for testing purposes?
          Also have you checked hash value of setup matching with the one on download site?
          Oke, just Uninstalled kaspersky -- the error still occurs.

And, just checked the hash value: 99102a9f5a2edd0ed322340a336d110a *daemon4304-lite.exe
          So the setup is not corrupt

Comment

Try to install SPTD seperately (DuplexSecure).
            Also you don't have any firewall like Comodo installed?
            Peace Through Power

Comment

If installing manually also didn't help, please use the following form Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com
              and provide link to this thread there.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

If installing manually also didn't help, please use the following form Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com
                and provide link to this thread there.
                Yea.. the manual install of SPTD went fine, but after rebooting and running the daemon-tools setup again, I got the same
                "Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact support." error, right after the welcome screen after I press next.

Comment

Try to install SPTD seperately (DuplexSecure).
                  Also you don't have any firewall like Comodo installed?
                  Oh btw, no, I dont have any firewall (kaspersky took care of that too)
                  Also, even my windows firewall, and windows defender are disabled...

Comment

Hmm, I tried to install daemon tools in Safe-mode, that did work.

But when I went back to normal mode and tried to start daemon tools I got:

"This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.51 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

BTW, Does this forum has a private message function or something? I want to contact an admin about an issue unrelated to this, but that does not seem to be possible... any e-mail contact address I can use maybe?

Comment

OK, that means something is actually blocking SPTD which isn't started in safe mode. Mostly a security software.
                      This forum has private messaging system, but available only to users with at least 20 posts.
                      You can leave a visitor message at some admin's profile regarding this issue.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Ahh yes, I found out what the problem was...

It was the S3D service from IZ3D that conflicted.

If anyone else has the same problem, here's what I did:
                        • Goto start - Run - msconfig
                        • Click the services tab
                        • Click on the manufacturer thing
                        • Disable all services that aren't from Microsoft
                        • Reboot

If the problem is gone, you can start enabling some services again, reboot again, and find out what the problem was

Comment

Hi,

I just purchased the DAEMON Tools Pro Standard and when I tried to install it I got the same error than the title of this thread says.

I have Windows 7 64bit (build 7100) and F-Secure Technology Preview 2009 security suite.

The installation succeeded when I disabled all F-Secure services from msconfig. I can then use it also when the F-Secure services are disabled. When I enable the services I get the "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.51 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated." error message.

So it seems that Daemon tools don't like F-Secure or the other way around. The F-Secure is just a technology preview so the situation may change when the final product comes.

Comment

Originally Posted by Necrowizard View Post

• Click the services tab
                            • Reboot

If the problem is gone, you can start enabling some services again, reboot again, and find out what the problem was

this works very fine with my win7 x64 too. thank you very much.....

greez wizz

Comment

Originally Posted by Necrowizard View Post

• Click the services tab
                              • Reboot

I go to start->Run->msconfig->services tab->i click on manufacturer-> and then i turn off S3D Service (win 32) and S3D Service (win 64) from iZ3D Inc. and that helps...than i can normally install deamon tools

Comment

Working...
                              X