Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Tray x Autostart Windows Disable

Hello.
    I'm new in forum. I'm from Brazil and I don´s speak english very well, but I'll try to explain my point of view.

I have been used Daemon Tools for a long time.
    The new versions have a way to disable the autostart with the system (Windows) but, when the program is running, the icon tray doesn't appears.
    With old versions of Daemon Tools, I can initialize Windows without initialize Daemon Tools with him, and when I run Daemon Tools, the icon tray was show.
    New versions have the option to Disable Icon Tray to Daemon Tools don't run with Windows Initialization. But if users choose this option, when the Daemon Tools is running, he not offers the possibility of use icon tray.
    Then, or the users enable autostart Daemon Tools with Windows or they can't use the icon tray.
    Sorry, but this is not good!!

Thanks.

I have quite the same problem. I want to use the tray agent (or how else is it called) without the option of automatically starting it with Windows. However, each time I run the program, it re-enables the autostart.

Comment

Same here. I use DAEMOON Tools Lite and this happened after version 4.35.6.

When the "Use tray agent" option is set, the "Autostart" registry key is set to 1. And setting it again to 0 disable the tray agent.

I think we should be able to use the tray agent without it starting with Windows.

Comment

Originally Posted by ooops View Post
        When the "Use tray agent" option is set, the "Autostart" registry key is set to 1. And setting it again to 0 disable the tray agent.

I think we should be able to use the tray agent without it starting with Windows.
        I guess, registry value of "Autostart" is exactly what "Use tray agent" means.
        If you just want to start DT Lite manually, copy its shortcut (use right mouse button for dragging) from Start menu onto desktop and enjoy.
        Last edited by oder2; 05.08.2011, 09:23.

Comment

Thank you! We appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
            I guess, registry value of "Autostart" is exactly what "Use tray agent" means.
            If you just want to start DT Lite manually, copy its shortcut (use right mouse button for dragging) from Start menu onto desktop and enjoy.
            I have had this problem since I got a new computer in June and installed Daemon Tools Lite. On my last computer, which has the same Windows 7 64 bit on it, I could disable Daemon Tools Lite from autostart and it would be so.

Now, however, it doesn't matter what I do. Every single time I run Daemon Tools Lite, be it manually or not, it activates itself to autorun. I have even removed the -autorun from the registry and it still autoruns after having run it. So no, that doesn't work.

Comment

This may be related to UAC. If you are not running application in administrator mode it may be not able to modify its registry and system may be just fooling the application by providing it a virtualized registry key.
              Try opening properties of DT Lite executable in Explorer and setting "Run as Administrator" checkbox for it.

Comment

however, it doesn't matter what I do. Every single time I run Daemon Tools Lite, be it manually or not, it activates itself to autorun. I have even removed the autorun from the registry and it still autoruns after having run it. So no, that doesn't work.

Comment

Is Automount option enabled?

Comment

Hey! I'm Brazilian too!

I found out the system tray and autostart options were "merged" in latest DT versions and got upset about it, but just not cared enough to get here and ask for it to get back.

But now that I saw it was made available back in the latest version I needed to get here and thank you for this! Thanks a lot for letting us to use the system tray tool without having to make it to autostart with the system again.

Comment

Originally Posted by rafaelluik View Post
                      Hey! I'm Brazilian too!

I found out the system tray and autostart options were "merged" in latest DT versions and got upset about it, but just not cared enough to get here and ask for it to get back.

But now that I saw it was made available back in the latest version I needed to get here and thank you for this! Thanks a lot for letting us to use the system tray tool without having to make it to autostart with the system again.
                      Thanks for your feedback!

Comment

I am using the older version of Daemontools lite - it functions better than the newer ones (I'm using v.4.40).
                        The newer ones do not allow me to "Open in Explorer" with right click, and have therefore created issues for me with regard to playng certain video/ISO files.

The 4.40 version does have one registry setting for Start at Startup / Minimize to Tray, as you mention. I've circumvented this by installing 4T tray minimizer. I have then turned OFF Start at Startup/Minimize to Tray by assigning it a registry value of 0.

When I run Daemontools and want to reduce to tray/minimize to tray, I click the minimize to tray button at the top of the window (4T tray minimizer gives you this option - it creates a button to minimize to tray).

Hope this helps!
                        str8arrow

Comment

Working...
                        X