This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ß View Post
    and dt is smaller and just right, but if it takes months to catch up it's no good.
    It took them 9 days. Quite tolerable
    Last edited by Terramex; 15.12.2007, 15:01.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

yeah expensive is right.... we where looking at getting DT Pro for our LAN center... all 84 systems... WAY to expensive and since we had put out $2000-$3000 for farstones VD Pro and couldn't get a refund i don't see us using DT Pro for a very long time....

Comment

is there any news on yasu ??? i ask because there may be a topic i'm not aware of ? has something been announced before ? will there be another yasu anytime soon ?

Comment

Did DT team abandon Yasu tool?

Did DT team abandon Yasu tool?
          What about a new version for this great tool?
          there are new versions of securom and safedisc which are no longer work with yasu 1.4.

Comment

You don't even need YASU at the moment.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              You don't even need YASU at the moment.
              why would you say this ??? name any current* safedisc game that runs without disconnecting drives for the majority of people ??

funny how you and everybody** else haven't made a reply to this post.

* from around november '07 onwards (safedisc >4.81)
              **including you know who

Comment

Every safedisc game is running fine without disconnecting here, but i'm talking about DT Pro
                And i only replied to a post which hasn't state which version the user is using (Lite or Pro).

Also note this is only my personal opinion.
                Last edited by Blazkowicz; 12.04.2008, 19:28.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

backpedal faster, maybe i won't notice...
                  why don't you post your personal opinion in my other thread i linked to ?

Comment

why would you say this ??? name any current* safedisc game that runs without disconnecting drives for the majority of people ??
                    Just like you i can't make representative statements.
                    Though knowing workarounds aren't valid methods for everyone:
                    On many (most ?) rigs SD 4.81/4.85 run fine in vSCSI with optical IDE drives deactivated with Alcohol's EDM system (also included in free Alcohol 52&#37 or Starforce Nightmare. No "disconnecting" needed.

Have you ever considered there might be no lasting generic method to hide optical IDE drives without the need of deactivating them ?
                    Maybe DT developement just don't like the idea of having to deactivate/activate hardware ?
                    But that's just another personal guess

P.S.: when testing Safedisc always reboot system after a failed attempt
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                      Have you ever considered there might be no lasting generic method to hide optical IDE drives without the need of deactivating them ?
                      Maybe DT developement just don't like the idea of having to deactivate/activate hardware ?
                      and that's ok, what some fail to realize is that i'm just pointing out the obvious. that doesn't make me a dt hater, indeed i'm a dt lover.

so what it comes down to, regardless of reason, is that current dt lite is now much waker then it was before. it can not play any current safedisc games, in a normal system, without help.

assassin's creed is another new and big title just released that uses safedisc. (seems that ubisoft may be going back to safedisc from securom ?? rainbow six: las vegas 2 is also allegedly using safedisc instead of securom, i haven't got it yet as it's not out here. anyway i do hope ubisoft go back to using safedisc.)

also i asked if yasu is anywhere near releasing a new version in the yasu thread, so let's keep it on topic. it's been since last year that a new version was released when before it was a lot more frequent. yes we heard the main author had a minor boo boo in a car park or such, and he's working on dt pro, but dt lite needs a new yasu to be able to run the 2nd biggest protection scheme available without users having to disconnect drives. and i haven't used starforce nightmare since the days of it back when, but i doubt sata drives can be disabled like eide could. by that i mean that as long as the drive has the data/power cable connected windows can still "see" it from the bios. also due to some blacklisting there's no need to have alcohol and dt lite installed at the same time, so the idea of using the alcohol edm is rather moot in my view.

...and so, i ask because there is no official answer, as usual. would yasu author or dt staff make a statement that yasu is dead or whatever no more questions from me would be forthcoming regarding the matter. alas i don't know, ergo my question.

Comment

also due to some blacklisting there's no need to have alcohol and dt lite installed at the same time, so the idea of using the alcohol edm is rather moot in my view.
                        Do you know of any direct blacklisting by Sony or Macrovision when Alcohol's emulations/virtual drives aren't in use ?

Comment

Working...
                        X