X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 update kb4462933

Hi All,

Good evening.

I noticed that after I did a Windows update (just performing OS maintenance/cleanup) my SCSI drive disappeared, I Looked through the logs and found the following:

Disc Soft Lite Bus Service
    "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DiscSoftBusServiceLite.exe"
    ===================================
    The description for Event ID 0 from source Disc Soft Lite Bus Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service started/resumed
    ===================================

Even after I forced the service to restart, uninstalled Daemon tools and re-installed it, cleared all data of Daemon Tools (c:\users.... | program files....) restarting after the each step the SCSI drive still never appeared and I got the the error the application.

'daemon tools insufficient resources to create target connection'

So I formatted my NVME drive, disconnected all other HDDs and DVD drives and did a fresh install on Windows 10, did not installed any motherboard drivers, graphic drivers, only Daemon tools....the SCSI drive then appeared!

I then restarted the PC and the drive was still present so I then did the windows update and these KBs were installed
    Click image for larger version

Name:	41RE7uk.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	194317

The SCSI drive then disappeared, again, so I removed the KB, kb4462933 and after a restart of the OS the SCSI came back and is working correctly.

I'm not sure if this would be classed as a bug however, I needed to make someone aware just in case there's a better fix than removing a Windows update!

Thank you

*The bug/problem
    Windows 10 update kb4462933 breaks Daemon Tools SCSI SPTD driver/service

*Operating System and any major updates (service packs, etc...)
    Windows 10 (Fresh install)
    Updates installed
    KB4462933
    KB100347
    KB4456655

*Version of DAEMON Tools
    DTLite1040-0191_paid

*ALL burning software or other cd emulation software (also indicate if you have, or have ever ha, Easy CD/DVD/Media Creator installed)
    None

*ALL security, anti-virus, etc... software
    Windows Defender
    and tested
    Comodo Internet Security Pro

*FULL hardware specification (motherboard, cpu, chipset, etc...)

Motherboard
    MAXIMUS VIII HERO (0x000004C3 - 0x90AED7F0)

CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz Skylake Socket 1151 LGA (0x1)

Chipset
    Northbridge Intel Skylake rev. 07
    Southbridge Intel Z170 rev. 31
    Graphic Interface PCI-Express
    PCI-E Link Width x16
    PCI-E Max Link Width x16
    Memory Type DDR4
    Memory Size 32 GBytes
    Channels Dual
    Memory Frequency 1070.6 MHz (1:16)
    CAS# latency (CL) 15.0
    RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 15
    RAS# Precharge (tRP) 15
    Cycle Time (tRAS) 36
    Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) 278
    Command Rate (CR) 2T
    Uncore Frequency 803.3 MHz
    Host Bridge 0x191F

Memory SPD
    32GB RAM
    DIMM # 1
    SMBus address 0x50
    Memory type DDR4
    Module format UDIMM
    Manufacturer (ID) Corsair (7F7F9E0000000000000000)
    Size 8192 MBytes
    Max bandwidth DDR4-2132 (1066 MHz)
    Part number CMU32GX4M4A2666C16
    Nominal Voltage 1.20 Volts
    EPP no
    XMP yes
    XMP revision 2.0
    AMP no
    Last edited by wblakwood; 07.11.2018, 00:05.

Hello,

We have reproduced the problem. Indeed having installed KB4462933 update the SCSI drive doesn't create, DT, IDE - good.

We will investigate this issue and release hotfix. You can use IDE virtual drive currently for Advance emulation. Or remove the KB4462933 update, it will work either.

We do appreciate your cooperation.

BTW, apparently, you have Windows 10 1803 build. This problem irrelevant with 1809.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi SUPPORT1

Good morning.

I just read four articles on Windows 10 Build 1809 to which all advised that Microsoft have pulled this update due to technical reasons, what's my best course of action and should I go for the insider builds (join up and get those updates?)

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

In case Windows 10 Update Assistant doesn't provide a manual update, then I think you wait when 1809 will be released officially again. Of course, doesn't recommend to use some third images for an update installing.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi there,

Is this issue going to be fixed in coming updates? Still getting this problem on latest Daemon Tools Lite available on the website and cannot add SCSI driver, thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by rJJ369 View Post
            Hi there,

Is this issue going to be fixed in coming updates? Still getting this problem on latest Daemon Tools Lite available on the website and cannot add SCSI driver, thanks.
            Hi there! I would kindly ask you to update your Windows to 1809. The problem is actual for 1803 only. This is the system error, it is not connected to DAEMON Tools and so we are not able to fix it from our side.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              He there! I would kindly ask you to update your Windows to 1809. The problem is actual for 1803 only. This is the system error, it is not connected to DAEMON Tools and so we are not able to fix it from our side.
              that isn't practical for quite a lot of people, and this is also a problem with Windows 1709 (which anyone who has opted to delay windows feature updates may still be on)

Comment

Hello,

Well, we try to optimize our software to up-to-date Windows version, as MS latest updates usually fix the previous ones (LOL) and we didn't try to reproduce the issue with 1709 as 1803 was actual that time when the problem was found.

Will try to reproduce the problem with 1709 but strongly recommend you to update your Win version to 1809 as this problem is not relevant with this version for sure.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
                  Hello,

Well, we try to optimize our software to up-to-date Windows version, as MS latest updates usually fix the previous ones (LOL) and we didn't try to reproduce the issue with 1709 as 1803 was actual that time when the problem was found.

Will try to reproduce the problem with 1709 but strongly recommend you to update your Win version to 1809 as this problem is not relevant with this version for sure.
                  thanks for that. Unfortunately Windows 10 release 1809 has always been cursed and now looks like it simply won't be rolled out to a large number of the world's PC's, that's why I think its important to make backwards compatibility options - see for instance https://www.computerworld.com/articl...s-10-1809.html

Comment

Working...
                  X