Good computer games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good computer games

Was wondering if yall could give suggestions on good pc games to get. Games previously enjoyed include: warcraft three, starcraft, the command and conquer series. However, I want to get a game that either A) has gore that can be turned off or B) preferably, doesnt have gore. Also, I would prefer a game without profanity. I enjoy themes such as James Bond and Star Wars.

I would especially like to find an FPS without gore that is more or less recent...not sure if this is possible however..fps without gore? rts would be nice except not many rts's have been produced for some reason..its a good genre though. I haven't really tried RPG before..or MMOG's..although I probably dont want to have to pay per month..keep that in consideration..given all the above characteristics what games would you recommend?

Comment

I didn't miss that thread - "I Like anything that's a First Person Shooter, or a Survival Horror game,"..notice all the games that he owns practically have blood...read my post again..

Comment

Not all of the suggestions listed have blood and gore. Knights of the Old Republic (1 and 2)was mentioned by myself and two or three others. It's a lengthy RPG that's engrossing and does not have any gore.

Comment

Just a curious question, how old are you exactly? Are you not allowed to play games with blood/gore, or is it that such games make you uneasy?

There are lots of games without blood, but I barely know of a FPS that doesn't contain blood/gore. If you shoot something, it's got to bleed right. I think a FPS without blood would kind of be ironic.

Does the law in you're country prohibit the sales of violent video games with blood, because of censorship/rating systems.

Just curious that's all, not trying to stir up a problem

There was a FPS that I used to know/play, that did not contain blood, but I can't think of it right now.

Sorry I couldn't help. I usually like to play games with violence/blood/gore because that's what I like to play, and helps relieve stress a bit (I know it sounds weird), and adds a chill factor to my gaming experience.
          Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
          Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Well, I dont generally give out my age or talk about my government, but its more of a personal preference not to see people lying in pools of blood.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alpha_Blue View Post
              Was wondering if yall could give suggestions on good pc games to get. Games previously enjoyed include: warcraft three, starcraft, the command and conquer series. However, I want to get a game that either A) has gore that can be turned off or B) preferably, doesnt have gore. Also, I would prefer a game without profanity. I enjoy themes such as James Bond and Star Wars.

I would especially like to find an FPS without gore that is more or less recent...not sure if this is possible however..fps without gore? rts would be nice except not many rts's have been produced for some reason..its a good genre though. I haven't really tried RPG before..or MMOG's..although I probably dont want to have to pay per month..keep that in consideration..given all the above characteristics what games would you recommend?
              i think you can turn the gore of ghost recon advanced war fighter, and maybe swat 4 (swat 4 isnt very recent but it is good

Comment

Originally Posted by Alpha_Blue View Post
                Well, I dont generally give out my age or talk about my government, but its more of a personal preference not to see people lying in pools of blood.
                I understand, I'm also very cautious about giving any sort of information about myself due to online criminals so I understand where you are coming from

Sorry I couldn't help you out though with listing any games, I just don't remember any other games in you're category that don't contain blood. Good luck in finding some though
                Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
                Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Re: no blood

I know there is still some about of blood, but how about this older game: American McGee's Alice
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
                    I know there is still some about of blood, but how about this older game: American McGee's Alice
                    that's one of my favorite games, but there is blood...in fact a lot of it. I distinctly remember fighting the deck of cards enemies and chopping off their heads while blood would squirt out of their necks. The first call of duty did not have any blood.

Comment

I'll have to agree that "Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic" was an AMAZING game (both for Storyline and gameplay). Even if you're not a huge Star Wars fan its a good game in its own right.

I notice you mentioned Warcraft 3, Starcraft, and Command & Conquer, which are all Real-Time Strategy (RTS) games. If you liked these games I HIGHLY suggest you pick up one of the "Warhammer 40,000" games, either the "Dawn of War - Gold Edition" (which contains the original + the Winter Assault expansion) or the "Dark Crusade" 2nd Expansion pack (not 'truly' an expansion pack as it's completely playable without the original). You don't have to have ANY experience or know anything about the Table top Warhammer games to truly appreciate how fun this game is (I was on the Beta test team and after an hour of playing I KNEW I was buying this game the moment it came out). But don't just take my advice, go download one of the demos for the game and try it yourself.

As far as bloodless FPS's go....hmmm.....most try to be realistic as possible. Battlefield 2 is a good multiplayer FPS that has NO BLOOD in it. Just remember that this is really on a MULTIPLAYER FPS to be played on the internet. While it does have a single player mode that's really only for training (the AI is pretty horrible). The game was built from the ground up to be multiplayer. I believe the original 'Call of Duty' was bloodless as well....and that had an EXCELLENT single player campaign.

I'd also recommend ANYTHING by Sid Meier. He's a game designer that's been around a LONG time. His immensely popular turn based strategy Civilizations series is up to Civilizations IV. He recently remade his very popular 80's 'PIRATES' game which is quite decent. He also recently released 'Sid Meier's RAILROADS!' as well (Sid was also the designer on the original 'Railroad Tycoon').

If you want to play a good RPG game, I'd go back a few years and suggest the Baldur's Gate series. Pretty much every RPG that comes out today is compared to Baldur's Gate II when reviewers talk about how good of a game it is.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zyxthior View Post
                        f you want to play a good RPG game, I'd go back a few years and suggest the Baldur's Gate series. Pretty much every RPG that comes out today is compared to Baldur's Gate II when reviewers talk about how good of a game it is..
                        Baldur's Gate had rivers of Blood... Mass murders Rooms full of skinless rotting children demons eating peoples hearts and even armor made of human skin

It may not be good pick if you dont like gore...

It was however a KICK ass game...

Ohh and avoid the movie the shining... :wink:

Comment

this link is not working fine,, we are getting error while trying to access..

Comment

Fixed. The correct link is http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f23/good-pc-games-14950/.

Comment

i like spider man ,nfs2 , prince of Persia classic,and GTA vice city

Comment

Working...
                              X