This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security softwares DT has problems with

Please list here all known security softwares which DT has problems with, so i can try to check what feature of the security softwares is interfering.

F-Secure (fixed by latest F-Secure updates)
    Spyware Doctor
    ZoneAlarm (Free and paid)

Solutions for these are posted in our help document.

Please only list problematic non-listed security softwares, thank you in advance.

ThreatFire is sadly completely incompatible, you would need to kill its service completely (no option to disable available there) and that is rendering the software useless, when the service is disabled.

Comodo Internet Security 2011's Defense+ is interfering with DT. Therefore you have to deactivate the service completely and reboot (Defense+ tab -> Defense+ Settings -> Check "Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart) -> Reboot)
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 25.11.2010, 20:25.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

i haven't check since a few months, but zonealarm extreme v8 caused bsod with dt.

Comment

I tried latest version of ZA Extreme on Win 7 x64 in VMWare and no problem.
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
        I tried latest version of ZA Extreme on Win 7 x64 in VMWare and no problem.
        why latest (v9)(i know v9 doesn't cause bsod because i use it.)? i specifically mentioned v8 which is only months old. many people use it and will continue to do so for a long time. i just upgraded from v6 a few days ago. anyway, me stating this isn't new, there's one or more threads about it already.
        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 13.12.2009, 14:40.

Comment

Zone Alarm

I'm using Zone Alarm Security suite but not extreme...
          DT also has problems with this version as it has forcefield but there is no easy way to shut off force field without going into each browser (I have three as I do a lot of web work).

The issue seems to be SPTD not DT itself.

And I am not about to turn off security to run this...
          Is there no other solution? It is obvious this is doing something very few of the security services likes.
          Is there a way to get around that without compromising my system?

Comment

I'm using Zone Alarm Security suite but not extreme...
            DT also has problems with this version as it has forcefield but there is no easy way to shut off force field without going into each browser (I have three as I do a lot of web work).

The issue seems to be SPTD not DT itself.

And I am not about to turn off security to run this...
            Is there no other solution? It is obvious this is doing something very few of the security services likes.
            Is there a way to get around that without compromising my system?
            I had the same problem - the free version of Zonealarm 9.1 also doesn't have an easy way to turn off Forcefield.

Fortunately the solution is simple, as provided Daemon tools loads before Forcefield, everything is fine. And since Forcefield only protects the internet browser, as long as its going before you can load a browser you are fine. So all I did was fiddle with the windows startup order.

Firstly, you need to run regedit (backup probably a good idea first, just in case), and navigate to:
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run.

You should find an entry there with the name "ISW" and a data value looking something like this:
            "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\ForceField.exe" /icon="hidden" There should also be an entry mentioning Daemon in someway.

Delete this entry from the registry, and close the registry.

Next, open up your start menu, and go into the 'startup' folder. Now make a shortcut in that folder to your Forcefield.exe file. If you don't want the system tray icon to show, you could probably add the /icon="hidden" tag to the end of the shortcut, otherwise leave it.

And now you're done - when you restart windows, Daemon should boot straight up without throwing out the "SPTD not installed message."

ERROR CODE 14 on install:
            For those guys who have trouble installing with Zonealarm, and get the "error code 14" from the installer, run msconfig, click on the services tab, and disable these two services:

ZoneAlarm Toolbar IswSvc (by unknown)
            TrueVector Internet Monitor (By Checkpoint)

Also set Zonealarm to not startup with windows, via its own internal settings.
            Then restart windows. Msconfig will pop up on startup to tell you that you've turned things off, just ignore it for the moment and you should be able to install Daemon tools fine. Then if you do the startup order tweak above, it should all work fine.

Comment

Issue with F-Secure software is solved with latest F-Secure product updates (10.12 build 108 and latest updates)

I will keep F-Secure entry in help document in case something is breaking the compatibility.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Is there a way to do this without

needing a IT degree? I bought this app to make life easier not go through a multi page IT manual just to get this to work.

I don't use PCs much only to play games through bootcamp on my mac so I have little to no knowledge of PCs...

Win7 either pops up a blue screen or gives me errors saying I need a service pack for win 2000...

Comment

You should post latest minidump (c:\windows\minidump).
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

DTLite doesn't start

When OS WinSeven starts there's a window telling me that DT needs Win2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher and must disable any kernel depurator (it's in Spanish so don't know the exact phrase), sorry. Is there a free/lite version to correct this? Please, this is the first time it happens with my loved DT. Thanks for your answer, regards.
                    Máximo

Comment

You should follow the guide in case you didn't install latest DT Lite.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Just built my Win7 (64bit) system. Installed DT (lastest version) without error. Program will not run. Get error others have presented about needing windows 2000 and SPTD 1.69 or higher. Followed instructions regarding security and registry to remove SPTD and re-install. Downloaded stand alone sptd 1.69. Installed without error. Rebooted. Installed DT. No errors. Rebooted. DT gadget cannot initialize and if I attempt to run program manually I get the Windows 2000, sptd 1.69 required error again.
                        Disabled ZA toolbar.
                        Run Viper AV for security.

What can I do now??

Comment

You must uninstall ZA toolbar. Will check Viper AV (even though never heard of it before).

EDIT: You are sure you aren't talking about vipreantivirus?
                          Vipre is not a problem.
                          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 24.05.2010, 19:47.
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                            You must uninstall ZA toolbar. Will check Viper AV (even though never heard of it before).

EDIT: You are sure you aren't talking about vipreantivirus?
                            Vipre is not a problem.
                            The AV is from Sunbelt Software. It might be called Vipre. It is their AV/AS software, NOT their firewall.

I will double check the toolbars with ZA. I use both Firefox and IE. Maybe I disabled in one and not the other.

Will get back with you!

Comment

I'm not talking about disabling, I'm talking about uninstalling through control panel.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X