No announcement yet.

Installation on Vista build 5308 fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried to install DT on Vista 5342 but it didn't worked.
    Also I tried to install some previous version of DT but that didn't worked too. I just can't stand why none of the programs are working on Vista. Isn't there any possible fix ?

Comment

Test Machine:

AMD Sempron 3200+, 1.8GHz w/ 1.6GHz FSB, 256K L2 cache
      ATi Radeon Xpress 200m, 128MB V-RAM
      512MB RAM (after V-RAM allocations, ~384MB RAM)
      40GB HDD
      Windows Vista #5342
      D-Tools versions: 3.33, 3.47, 4, 4.0.3

None of these will install. Besides the obvious restart errors in 4.x.x, 3.47 says that the installer isn't found (or similar), and 3.33 gives a blue screen of death near the end of install, and Vista takes a long time to boot unless I use the last known good configuration (good tool imo, saved my arse on lots of occassions, but that's not the point.)

Then after BSoD recovery, I notice a DAEMON Tools shortcut on the desktop, click it, and says SCSI device not found.

Any help ? Thanks !

Comment

In the latest Vista build 5365, DTools still doesn't install (4.03).

I'll try one of the older 3.x DTools though.

Comment

Hello all again... Vista 5365 !!!!

I think its strange that Version 3.33 ain't working for you on build 5342! I never had any problems.
          As for now i'm on the 5365 build of vista and it endly starts to rock.... Speed is really increased in this build!

I have read in some vista forums that this latest build (5365) isn't compatible with daemon tools above 3.33 ( 3.47 - 4.0 - 4.03 etc )

I also read a post the someone tried to install one of the 2 latest builds of daemon ( 4.0 - 4.03 ) but the person mentions he couldn't reboot anymore after he tried to install it!

Personnaly i haven't tried daemon on this 5365 build but i will definitely try very soon!
          Vista 5365 is really good.... Performance wise!

I let you guys know about my latest test!
          PS: For those who start with vista... check the beginning of this post... i tested many different builds!

My config:

Intel 865PE MSI NEO 2 LS
          Pentium 4C @ 3.2Ghz
          1 Go Ram DDR 400 ( 4x256mo )
          IBM 160Go 7200Rpm
          Nvidia Geforce 6600GT AGP
          Freecom F-1 CDRW 52

"Enjoy Emulation and Virtual drives and leave those optical drives on the side, too slow and fragile"
          http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Me Again....

Hello,

I have just installed version 3.33 of Daemon in the 5365 vista build and it still works great ! :wink: ( NO BLUE SCREEN.... doesn't even need to reboot )

Maybe the config you have gives you a blue screen?!

I'm twisting to try and daemon build above the 3.33 but.... i see so many people complaining that i'm not sure.

Anyway i let you guys know if 4.03 will work on vista 5365 (on my config)!

See ya!

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
              Hello,

I have just installed version 3.33 of Daemon in the 5365 vista build and it still works great ! :wink: ( NO BLUE SCREEN.... doesn't even need to reboot )

Maybe the config you have gives you a blue screen?!

I'm twisting to try and daemon build above the 3.33 but.... i see so many people complaining that i'm not sure.

Anyway i let you guys know if 4.03 will work on vista 5365 (on my config)!

See ya!
              Well, my laptop (which is a HP Pavilion zv6000) is known to be buggy. For example:

1. I couldn't even install Longhorn 4008 and 4074 within windows like I did on my server. I reboot into setup, bam, BSOD. For some reason Vista plays nice in this area.
              2. Linux (except slackware and damn small linux, iirc) doesn't even install on it unless you pass vga=771 to the kernel
              3. The sound card is buggy, yeah, if you plug in a pair of headphones in it, sometimes the internal speakers don't even kick back on, and it stays this way for a few days at most.
              4. I've also heard a story on where the internal fan grinds.

Need I say more ?

However, judging by the way Vista is written, a majority of the programs I've tried in it need a rewrite or smth, sadly, D-Tools being one of them (no offence intended to the D-Tools team, you guys do an awesome job and this is one of the many great utilities I use on a daily basis, the only wish I have is that there's a Linux/Mac OS/FreeBSD/<insert other random windows alternate here> port.)

Thanks for the help, though. I'm getting 5365 as of this post, hopefully 3.33 plays nice there.

Comment

Well, I can't get Daemon Tools 3.3.3 (or any other version for that matter) to install on my 5365 Vista. When I try installing that version, it gets a little past the point where it puts a shortcut on my desktop, then gives me a "Error 25001. Device Setup Error". Anyone have any ideas of how I could fix this?

Comment

Originally Posted by Envisaged0ne
                  Well, I can't get Daemon Tools 3.3.3 (or any other version for that matter) to install on my 5365 Vista. When I try installing that version, it gets a little past the point where it puts a shortcut on my desktop, then gives me a "Error 25001. Device Setup Error". Anyone have any ideas of how I could fix this?
                  Confirmed. Same test machine, but Vista #5365.

Daemon 3.33 gives this error, and 3.47 says it failed to extract the installer.

Oh well, "it could be worse" -- BSoD.

Comment

How is your vista installed?

Hi all,

As i said earlier in this post, i have 3.33 of DT working without any bug at all on my system!

My vista is installed on C: ( PRIMARY IDE MASTER ) and i have XP installed on D: ( SECONDARY IDE MASTER ).
                    The reason why i ask this is because i remember that when i installed Vista (5308, 5342, 5365) on D: ( SECONDARY IDE MASTER ) I had a message telling me that vista didn't recognise the scsi adapter which was " ST3WOLF SCSI CONTROLLER " (This was with DT 3.33). But even that this controller was not recognised.... i could use daemon tools without problem!
                    Have you tried to install vista from emulation, dvd or through the network ???

Now that i have Vista installed on the PRIMARY IDE MASTER drive (C ... i don't have any problems or errors what so ever!

Maybe somebody else can try this?
                    But i don't know if this is a solution to everybody's problem!

PS: I personally think it has a lot to do with motherboard compatibilities and i also know that Vista is not really liking onboard graphic chipsets.... i guess this is why laptops are having more difficulties than other pc's! but this is another topic which doesn't really below in this forum

Keep in touch! :wink:

Sincerely,
                    SFkilla23

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
                      Have you tried to install vista from emulation, dvd or through the network ???
                      I installed Vista from within Windows.

1. Download Vista.
                      2. Mount with DAEMON Tools.
                      3. Run the installer, point it to D:
                      4. Reboot into Vista setup
                      5. ???
                      6. Profit !!!

I'd install it via DVD, but, I don't have a DVD burner (never saw a need for one until I started getting into these big "hueg liek xbox lolz" downloads.)

Thanks for the tip though.

EDIT: Not even Alcohol 120% will install on my machine... blue screen. D:<
                      Last edited by adventure_of_link; 02.05.2006, 04:39.

Comment

On V.build 5381 install also fails with reboot prompt for latest builds of DT and of Alc 120 with reboot prompt. DT333 also, as noted for V.build5365, fails at end of install with error on this build-->>
                        "Error 25001. Device setup error: code 25030 (0x61C6), -536870337 (0xE000023F) . Contact you support personnel."

Although I have to admit given others apparent success that this error could be caused by my MB as it's an NVidea which Vista apparently doesn't always play well with :-( ... Any of the other users getting this error have an nvidea MB?

Comment

Error 25030 means:
                          You MUST reboot before re-installation.

But as you're running on vista, who knows what resolution to try.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I'm running 5381 build as well - and I've tried over 10 different versions and get the 'you must reboot' error (either an error code, or an actual dialog when using the SPTD installer) every time.

If I install a really old version I get a BugCheck.

As 5381 (or similiar build) is going to be an official MS beta pretty soon and thus be shipping to millions of customers - it might be probably worth taking the effort to fix DT for this build?

FYI - I did get 'starport' to work on Vista 5381 but that doesn't let me play my backed up games unfortunately.

Will

Comment

Working...
                            X