No announcement yet.

Installation on Vista build 5308 fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 3.33 is the best for the latest vista build, works fine.

Comment

worth a try

Not tried it yet myself, but filedisk might work with vista... I'm currently running 5308 x64, haven't had many problems with it so far, infact it seems less buggy than the x86 version. Will try filedisk later, however it may not be appropriate for everyones needs as it has no security emulation on it 8( but hey, at least you can mount an image :wink:

Comment

thank you guys

i ll be installing v3.33 thanks for the posting of tests results

Comment

Safedisk 4 on vista 5308

Hello,

First of all..... i wanna thank the discovery of the daemon 3.33 working great on vista!

I actually played with Tiger Woods 06 (safedisk 4.50) and
          The Sims 2 Open for Business ( safedisk 4.60 )

-I installed daemon 3.33 ( no emulation activated !!!!! )
          -Mounted the games to install them
          -Launched SD4Hide
          -Launch the game

PS: Games are a little slower but run without bug

My Config:
          MSI NEO2 S ( Intel 865PE Chipset )
          IDE0 : Master HITACHY 160G ( 2 PARTITIONS )
          IDE0 : Slave Freecom 52x CDRW
          IDE1 : Nothing
          IDE1 : Nothing

My hard disk is partitioned! C: 120G - D: 40G
          Vista 5308 is installed on D ( Second Partition )

Starforce 3 unfortunately not playable because 3.33 was not made for it at the time!
          http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

sfkilla23, does Starforce 3.4+ (or whatever Starforce 3 version comes on the games you have) work on Vista 5308 from the real CDROM?
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Starforce 3 on vista!

Hello all,

Thanks to underheaven for asking that question!

The question was if i could manage to play any starforce 3.4 and + from the original dvd-rom?

Well... i'm sad enough to say.... not really!!!

Those are my starforce games!
              - Colin Mc Rae 05 ( Installs without probs....can launch the game but it bugs in the menu of the game! not really possible to play )

- Toca race Driver 2 (Install without prob and able to play but to slow on vista )

- Gt Legends ( install and plays but same as above: too slow )

- Still Life ( Installs and plays like a charm: no problems so far )

- Prince of persia P2P ( Install but won't play !!! )

- Toca Race Driver 3 ( Install but won't play !!! Game says to be no compatible with vista !!!)

Other protections like safedisk 4.5 or 4.6 run without bug on vista. ( Tiger woods 06 and The Sims 2 Open For Business )

It seems like some starforce protection work and other not!

I hope i could help out!
              Just for the fun because vista 5308 is still a little slow for real gaming!

ALL THE TESTS ABOVE HAVE BEEN DONE WITH NO EMULATION WHAT SO EVER.... ALL FROM ORIGINAL GAMES !!!
              DAEMON WAS NOT INSTALLED!!!

Thanks to all for the interest!

Comment

Very helpful post if anyone has those games. You mentioned at least one SF 3.6 game - GT Legends. I take it as good news that you didn't see a SF screen saying "protection error" or whatever, I'm just surprised their kernel mode drivers are compatible.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

... to be continued...

Actually thats the only protection error i got!
                  It was with Toca Race Driver 3... after i installed and tried to run the game.... i got a certain protection error but don't remember exactly! with a blue memory dump screen which obliges the reboot!

There as been change between vista 5270 and 5308 because i could not even install a starforce 3 game in 5270 ( Told to be incompatible from the start of an install )

Anyway... i guess we will have to wait a little longer for a better build of vista (April beta)... because even if the daemon team updates the 4.03 for this version of vista (5308)... IT WOULD NOT BE WORTH IT AS THE BUILD IS NOT REALLY GAME READY YET ( Too slow )

Thanks again for exchanging info!

Comment

Vista 5342 is on the way!

Hello all again,

As a Microsoft Beta user... i'm actually getting the last build of vista ( 5342 build ) from msconnect.
                    It seems Nvidia and Ati drivers have been upgraded for gaming purpose increase on vista!

As soon as i install it, i will give feedback of the compatibility with Daemon tools!

Maybe someone else has tested it with the vista 5342 ????
                    Let us know !!!

I'll get back soon to give the info

Thanks for interest!

Comment

Daemon And Vista 5342 !

Hy all,

As i said this morning.... 5342 build of vista is there and....

- Daemon tools 4.0.3 is still not installing ( 32bit build )
                      - Daemon tools 3.33 still works great
                      - Vista 5342 is faster than all previous builds... Gaming speed as definitely been increased ( But still not fast like xp )

Sadly but Finally nothing more for the virtual drive in vista 5342

We all will have to wait untill the Daemon Team decides to do a little update for vista!
                      I personnaly think it would not be lost... Vista won't change a lot anymore as i feel it come close to final build!

PS: Little question for the team... Are you guys already checking out the vista builds? ( how virtual drives are detected in vista etc... )

Thanks for reply and interest sharing!

Comment

using dtools is great in vista.

i have my legacy XP install as well, with all my old files and games, and i am wondering if i will have to reinstall every game ?

and why wont it load my fifa06 image? bleh. thanks for help.
                        Imperial Glory? or Metric Dishonour?

Comment

The .MDS file format has gotten improvements over time and older versions on DAEMON Tools can't understand all kinds of .MDS/.MDF images. That's one of the caveats of using v3.33

Regarding reinstalling, I would say of course you need to install games in Vista if they've never been installed before (might as well try browsing to the old install folder and try running the game first though)

What CTP of vista are you using (build # and release month?)
                          Last edited by Underheaven; 13.04.2006, 12:48.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

there r no such problems with me but let me tell u one thing its a beta version and even can't play some sort of files so i am using 3 windows on my pc heeeeeeeeee
                            WINXP SP2 With all hot fixs+vista inspirat
                            WIN VISTA X64 prob the BETA ONE
                            WIN 2000 don't know the service pack

AS these are needed fr playing all sorts of games on PC
                            as they contains many protcetions:wink:

Comment

Vista 5342

I used with Vista 5342 and when I try install "Deamon-Tools" it do the first reboot and it start the install again .... .

when I try to do it again(download and Install) it's do it again.

Comment

sking, I moved your post to this Vista thread.
                                the modern world:
                                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                                X