My Star Wars Empire at War Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Star Wars Empire at War Fix

Ok, after several hours of combing through these forums, and trying different things, I finally got my fix, and verified it on all 4 of my home systems, I figured I should post to help others. Ok, so I installed it, and I burnt an image using an older version of Alcohol 120 (1.4.8) using DPM at 4X. Then I installed the latest version of Daemon Tools, and mounted my image, leaving all options disabled, and then closed daemon out. Then I installed CureRom and used the downloaded profile. I went through it, and went to options, and set it up so it knew the link to Daemon, BUT, when I closed that out, then hit next, I left the option where you say "No I dont want to use a third party virtual rom device" After that, I let it create its shortcuts, and it works fine. After I updated my kids computers, I did have to re-go through the steps, but works fine now. Been running it for a couple days now. I am glad because I hate using the original disk to start up. Anyway there is my fix.

Now if someone will come out with a fix for Star Wars Battlefront II version 1.1, I will be good to go.

SJRACER

Thank you!!!

Thx man! It's finally work for me now! I don't like to use my original DVD to play too! Man I don't know what to say... Im sooo happy! I tried to make this work during the 3 last days... I tried everything but it's finally work...

One last time... THANK YOU!

Comment

Though yours did not work, I think I may have a found a solution, you all could try this out, its wierd:

My set up is like this:
      Daemon v4.0HE (?) with only RMPS emulation on (why, not sure, but it works), and with the CD1 image mounted.

Next, CureRom 1.3
      Under options I pointed to the daemon tools, though it may not be needed, i'll test without it, but going on with that..
      Create new profile, point to the sweaw.exe, no mounting (dont touch any thing but next), save and finish.

You will have the sweaw icon on the desktop and daemon tools running in the systemtray...

Before starting, I have noticed if the cpu is busy, such as doing something or playing a VIDEO, for some wierd reason it launches the program... why? not sure.. maybe because the cpu is busy?

give it a try, basic settings, just run a video or scroll a lot (worked once, but the video trick seems to work every second)..

Or use the original cd ;p

Comment

it worked ones for me but now it doesn't strange any idea why ?

Comment

see my second post

Comment

Yeah burnsy... but when you will get a scratch on your DVD like I got on my Battlefield 2 DVD and you need to go buy another one, you will try to find a way the play the game without using the DVD...

During the last 3 days I played EAW with my DVD, but now I'm happy to play EAW and keep my DVD in the box, safe!

Comment

Originally Posted by sjracer
              Ok, after several hours of combing through these forums, and trying different things, I finally got my fix, and verified it on all 4 of my home systems, I figured I should post to help others. Ok, so I installed it, and I burnt an image using an older version of Alcohol 120 (1.4.8) using DPM at 4X. Then I installed the latest version of Daemon Tools, and mounted my image, leaving all options disabled, and then closed daemon out. Then I installed CureRom and used the downloaded profile. I went through it, and went to options, and set it up so it knew the link to Daemon, BUT, when I closed that out, then hit next, I left the option where you say "No I dont want to use a third party virtual rom device" After that, I let it create its shortcuts, and it works fine. After I updated my kids computers, I did have to re-go through the steps, but works fine now. Been running it for a couple days now. I am glad because I hate using the original disk to start up. Anyway there is my fix.

SJRACER
              What profile do you mean? Where can we get it? Thanks.

Comment

SJracer's formula

I tried a ton of different things to make this work, and finally got it using the method at the top of this thread. Just to clear a couple things up for people that haven't gotten it yet, though.

- I used a disk image that was in the .mdf format.
                - After mounting the image in DT, I turned off all the options, under both the "emulations" and the "options" menu.
                - Exit DT after doing that.
                - Select the sweaw.exe file for your "application" in CureROM, and check the "ANti-Blacklist measures" box.
                - On the "Virtual CD/DVD Rom Settings" page, I first selected Daemon Tools from the drop down menu, then selected the backup image, and hit next. Then I finished it out, and saved the CureROM file. But, then went back into it and changed that dropdown menu to the "I do not want to use any Virtual CD/DVD Rom..." option, and resaved it.

After all that, it finally worked. I've loaded the game twice with no problems. I hope that clarifies it a little for people who are new at this, like me.

Comment

stupid stupid lucas arts

Originally Posted by kaddavr
                  I tried a ton of different things to make this work, and finally got it using the method at the top of this thread. Just to clear a couple things up for people that haven't gotten it yet, though.

- I used a disk image that was in the .mdf format.
                  - After mounting the image in DT, I turned off all the options, under both the "emulations" and the "options" menu.
                  - Exit DT after doing that.
                  - Select the sweaw.exe file for your "application" in CureROM, and check the "ANti-Blacklist measures" box.
                  - On the "Virtual CD/DVD Rom Settings" page, I first selected Daemon Tools from the drop down menu, then selected the backup image, and hit next. Then I finished it out, and saved the CureROM file. But, then went back into it and changed that dropdown menu to the "I do not want to use any Virtual CD/DVD Rom..." option, and resaved it.

After all that, it finally worked. I've loaded the game twice with no problems. I hope that clarifies it a little for people who are new at this, like me.

Well i tried this method and too my suprise it said disk not authenticated in time limit, i clicked retry, then the game worked, but.......... the next time i tried this it didnt work, even after several tries!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive searched thru all of these methods and none work (except for this one, but it only worked once) can somebody help, i love this game, i have the original but i dont want it sratched cause my last one was and i had to buy anohter one, anyways help would be appreciated

Comment

aww

kaddavr, i tried your method (the bottom one) and it worked once, ive tried everyone elses but none work, any suggestions

Comment

Does youre fix work for 1.03???
                      Because if it is working for 1.00 1.01 or 1.02 its nothing really new mate

Comment

LOL pity it dont work with Ver 1.03 of EAW

Comment

Working...
                        X