No announcement yet.

Empires at War, am I missing something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empires at War, am I missing something?

I've read through every forum, discussion board, what have you, about the issues with the images of SWEAW not running. I have yet to get the game to run once on my computer (but my roommate was able to use CDs that I burned from my image to play without any errors whatsoever, just like they were out of the box! :sad: ).

Here is what I have tried:

1) Burning the images to CD-R media using Nero and BlindWrite - Error: Original disc could not be found or authenticated.

2) Mount the images using just DAEMON Tools v4 - Error: Emulator Detected...

3) Mount the images using DT4 and running with CureRom - Error: Origional disc could not be found or authenticated.

4) Mount the images using DT4 and running with AntiSecuROM - Error: Origional disc could not be found or authenticated.

5) Use CD to play burned at 24x (no mounting) - Error: Origional disc could not be found or authenticated.

6) Use CD to play burned at 4x (no mounting) - Error: Origional disc could not be found or authenticated.

7) Tries 1-6 again but this time with internet disabled, just in case it was calling home to authenticate

Please, I'm desparate! I've been at this for almost 20 hours (with a quick nap in between) and nothing I try works! So many people have gotten it to work, so there must be something that I am missing. I would appriciate ANY and ALL constructive feedback!

Thank you for your time in advance for your response,
    Caesarsalad916

I have a problem entirely different from yours. I have had no problems with error messages or authentication issues, however whenever i attempt to start the game using the various methods on the boards my computer crashes. Has anyone else encountered this problem and were you able to fix it?

Comment

How did you create your image?
      You need a image created with Alcohol and the DPM option.
      If you havn't got a Alcohol image, recreate it and enable the DPM option in the read settings and use a slow speed for reading it.
      Then try again mounting it with DT 4 and use CureROM or AntisecuROM. Make sure CloneCD isn't installed. This is also often a problem (emulator detected), but for you it must be a bad image file.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

That emulation detected crap( excuse the language) would tat be brought on by multiable virtual drives being present on ur system regardless if there enabled or disabled?
        cause i couldnt help notciign with alcohol u can still run images if ur virual drives its set to 0 by double clicking on the image itself.

Comment

Same thing as the guy who started this thread... I've tried all kinds of stuff and it just will not work... ARGGG! Can anyone please help?

Comment

Cobra77 Wrote:
            "I have a problem entirely different from yours. I have had no problems with error messages or authentication issues, however whenever i attempt to start the game using the various methods on the boards my computer crashes. Has anyone else encountered this problem and were you able to fix it?"

I have the exact same problem, the game seems to load fine but just as its about to execute my computer restarts...don't know why, can anyone please help?

Comment

Working...
            X