Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Windows XP Logoff hangs with image in virtual drive

New User

Default Windows XP Logoff hangs with image in virtual drive

On windowsXP machines with DT 3.33 a logoff of the current user (all applications are closed) takes about 20 minutes with an Iso-Image mounted in device 0 (DT configured with only 1 device).

With no image mounted the logoff takes a few seconds.

This behaviour can be observed on all machines with WindowsXP and DT 3.33 (about 15 right now).

I can find a workaround but I hope, there is another solution.

What other software do you have? It's possible some program is keeping image/drive open, and not shutting down. Have you tried closing tray-icon and then logging off?

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Andareed
    What other software do you have? It's possible some program is keeping image/drive open, and not shutting down. Have you tried closing tray-icon and then logging off?
    I installed only DT on a new installation of WinXP to be sure that no other programs are involved.

I mounted an Image from the local disk and logged out, no problem.

Then I mounted the same image from a networked drive (net use driveletter on a windows NT server sp6) and the logoff hangs.

I have no idea why this happens. I've mounted images from network without any problems. Maybe someone else here has some more ideas.

Administrator

It happens on logoff only, or during user switch or shutdown/restart too?
    You mean images are located on NT4SP6 server?

New User

Seems to make my Windows 2000 Professional take about 30 extra seconds to "save my window settings" before it completely shuts down.

30 seconds isn't a lot, but I disabled autostart and automount, closed the icon and shut down about 5 times in a row and it shut down almost immediately.

Not mounting over a network either.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by VeNoM386
    It happens on logoff only, or during user switch or shutdown/restart too?
    If you do a Logoff and then shut down the computer, the logoff takes about 20 min and the shutdown a few seconds.

If you shutdown or restart the computer it takes the 20 minutes.

You mean images are located on NT4SP6 server?
    Yes. The user mounts an image from a driveletter which is a share on NT4SP6 server