• Show
Clear All

DT4 and SD4Hide works also.
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by Axel916
      so you need this

mount the image, then run that and it should work fine...

Worked beautifull for me! Thank you so much!!!

Can't wait until the folks here at Daemon make it unneccesary to use a second step! :wink:

Comment

I have tried all the steps listed in this thread, and Open For Business does not seem to want to work for me, either. It keeps giving me the message, "Please place CD in drive.."

Anyone else have a different soloution other than the ones already listed?

Comment

Hey everyone. After searching for hours for a solution, I figured out a way to get it to work. Go here: http://forum.copybase.ch/index.php?a...pe=post&id=489

It's a program called Virtual CD Hide. I guess EA found a way to search if your computer has any "virtual" drives open, and if you do it won't work. I got OFB to work after running this, hiding the virtual drive, than mounting the .mdf file with daemon, than running SD4Hide and opening the game Hope it wokrs for you guys.

Comment

Originally Posted by Axel916
            so you need this

mount the image, then run that and it should work fine...

Well this didn't seem to work for my sim game though for those of you still trying to crack C&C First Decade this program worked great so thanks. Stupid DVD disk is all scratched up only after a month.

I have made so many copies now of Open for business using an old version of clone cd a newer version, Alcohol 120, nothing seems to work. I guess I will just have to wait for a no cd patch. I don't know if using an older version of daemon could be the problem, but v4.0X hasn't worked for me. None of my images work with the program.

Comment

Don't use an .img file. Recreate your image with Alcohol 120% and make an mdf/mds image.
              Then use SD4Hide.
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                Don't use an .img file. Recreate your image with Alcohol 120% and make an mdf/mds image.
                Then use SD4Hide.
                im not, I am using a .MDS file, I also tried it with the Hider, but it does not work. As a side note, I believe that this game is under SafeDisk Emulation, not Securom (all of the other games that is under this catagory is SafeDisk... that and it didnt work). The name of the program is Virtual CD Hide for Securom....

Comment

I was having the same problem, first I installed the game and played for a couple of hours, but as always it turned out to be a pain in the ass to play with the original CD, so I made an alcohol image and did the following:

in this order is very important or it won't work...

open sd4hide
                  mount image in daemon tools
                  (if the games starts it will give the error insert the coorect CD select ok to exit that screen)
                  now select the hide option from sd4hide
                  and now start the game and enjoy!!

its important to start sd4hide before mounting the image or this method might not work. Also it has to be the full image of the original CD, the mini images won't work.Cheers

Comment

hello,

I have tried all your procedures but it continues to ask the cd to me I have perhaps not understood well as it works curerom if explained better you would make a favor... thanks me

Comment

Originally Posted by metalica
                      I was having the same problem, first I installed the game and played for a couple of hours, but as always it turned out to be a pain in the ass to play with the original CD, so I made an alcohol image and did the following:

in this order is very important or it won't work...

open sd4hide
                      mount image in daemon tools
                      (if the games starts it will give the error insert the coorect CD select ok to exit that screen)
                      now select the hide option from sd4hide
                      and now start the game and enjoy!!

its important to start sd4hide before mounting the image or this method might not work. Also it has to be the full image of the original CD, the mini images won't work.Cheers
                      my question is HOW did you get it to work... I tried what you said, step by step, even made a new image... no mini-image or anything... the normal, regular large image file.

Nothing that I am trying is working

Comment

I'm using a full image and SD4 Blocker with Daemon Tools V4.3, works perfectly. It's just SD4Blocker makes me nervous with the reg entries it pulls out while you play. But I haven't had any problems with it so far.

I do own the game, but after playing it a few times, for some reason SafeDisk 4 started going nuts on me. I'd put the cd in the drive and either nothing would happen, or I'd get a message that the cd wasn't in the drive. It was turning into insert and pray if the game would load. Usually, if I put the disc in a second time, then it would load. But I got so fed up with it that I finally did the image and went with the tools. One of these days, Maxis is going to SafeDisc themselves to death.

Comment

I just wanted to report that I switched to CureROM and that works, too. For those having problems, it's probably your Daemon Tools settings. Uncheck Automount and Uncheck Secure Mode. Then in CureROM, make sure your profile is set to use Daemon Tools and check off that you want it to NOT automount, but you would like it to unmount when finished. Make sure your CureROM profile points to the exe and to your image. Finally, be sure you are double clicking on the shortcut that CureROM made for you, NOT the original game shortcut. See if this helps The CureROM shortcut will automatically load Daemon Tools for you and your game. Just make sure automount is off or it will not work.

Comment

sorry but that's exactly what I did.

open safedisc 4 hider(you can download the latest version form www.cdmediaworld.com , just in case I have version 1.1)
                            mount full image in daemon tools 4.03
                            select the hide option in sd4hide
                            double click the shortcut for the sims 2 open for business in your desktop and the game should start.
                            play
                            once you finish playing select the restore option in sd4hider
                            the next time repeat everything again.

I also tested this in my sister's PC, just to make sure. made the image(since she is using the original cd...) and did everything I said above and the game started without problems. Just for the record both PCs have XP

Comment

which other programs are u using besides daemon tools and safe disc hider because this steps didnt work for me

Comment

figured it out.... it turned out to be REALLY easy.... Update Daemon Tools.... the updated verson and SD4Hider used together will make it work.

Comment

Working...
                                X