sims 2 open for business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by absentmindedjwc
    figured it out.... it turned out to be REALLY easy.... Update Daemon Tools.... the updated verson and SD4Hider used together will make it work.
    worked for me! thanks!

Comment

Originally Posted by absentmindedjwc
      figured it out.... it turned out to be REALLY easy.... Update Daemon Tools.... the updated verson and SD4Hider used together will make it work.
      It worked and the game started, but after a while of playing my computer freezes, do you know how can i solve this problem? I hope you can help me, Thanks!

Comment

Double measure ?

It works finally ~~ ( curerom + pr0t,stop )

first start pro0t to hide all virtual drives

2 mount the image ( sims2 ofb )

3 click ' hide ' on Pr0t tricker

4 click the shortcut created by curerom

5 play game

before i could play on and off with trickers like curerom ..etc..

but it was really annoying... sometimes it plays sometimes it not....

Try it, ppl

Comment

carloscane, if your computer freezes after playing Sims 2 for a while, it's not related to Daemon Tools (or the copy protection in general). It might be related to temperature problems though. Try opening your case (if it doesn't void your warranty!), putting it away from any external heat sources, etc., basically everything you can do to get your computer cooler.

You could also go to the BIOS and check the hardware monitor for system temperatures right after your computer froze.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by metalica
            I was having the same problem, first I installed the game and played for a couple of hours, but as always it turned out to be a pain in the ass to play with the original CD, so I made an alcohol image and did the following:

in this order is very important or it won't work...

open sd4hide
            mount image in daemon tools
            (if the games starts it will give the error insert the coorect CD select ok to exit that screen)
            now select the hide option from sd4hide
            and now start the game and enjoy!!

its important to start sd4hide before mounting the image or this method might not work. Also it has to be the full image of the original CD, the mini images won't work.Cheers

I have used this configuration and the game does not give errors of demand cd etc.... but like the launch and leaves the screen endured after gives irreversible error to me like from photo

Comment

Here is what I'm doing after I make the .mds:
              1. start up SafeDisc4 Hider
              2. In CureROM, I make a profile in Application Settings, put F:\AutoRun.exe in the Application, check Cure Anti-Blacklist Measures, then I am using Daemon Tools to mount a backup image, then the backup image points to my mds. Safedisc & SecureROM are unchecked
              3. Mount the mds in Daemon Tools, no emulations checked
              4. Click hide in SafeDisc4 Hider
              5. Run the game

It still says "Please ensure The Sims 2 Open For Business disc is in the drive, select OK and restart the application."

I have CureROM 1.3.1 (Pro), Daemon Tools v3.47, SafeDisc Hider 1.1

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

pitto76 I can't read what it says from that image, can you write it exactly as it says.

funkymunky you have the old version of daemon tools, you'll need 4.03 if you are going to use sd4hider, and if you're using curerom 1.3 as it says when you are making the profile you'll need at least daemon tools version 4 or higher or alcohol 120% though I don't think sims open for business is working with alcohol, haven't tested though... Cheers

Comment

My computer is still freezing Dont know what to do.

You could also go to the BIOS and check the hardware monitor for system temperatures right after your computer froze.
                  Thanks for your help! But how can i do that?

Comment

Originally Posted by metalica
                    pitto76 I can't read what it says from that image, can you write it exactly as it says.

funkymunky you have the old version of daemon tools, you'll need 4.03 if you are going to use sd4hider, and if you're using curerom 1.3 as it says when you are making the profile you'll need at least daemon tools version 4 or higher or alcohol 120% though I don't think sims open for business is working with alcohol, haven't tested though... Cheers

the application hs crashed. the application will now terminate

Comment

Try to turn off SafeDisk emulation in DT. Should work.

DT 4 has a SafeDisk 4 emulation Bug that should be solved within next rls.
                      You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                      sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Okay... I got it to play with Daemon 4.03 and SD4hide but now it let's me play for about 20 mins. then starts flashing to a blue screen. It doesn't crash per se... just puts up the rotating hour glass and then sends me to a blue screen.

When I Ctrl-Alt-Del it flashes back to the blue screen. I have to do this several times and tell the game to shut down.

Anyone else have this problem???

(Sneaky cheeks at Maxis want me to use my CD - which I did to play the game - so if it gets scratched up they will make more money because I would have to buy another one... Greedy monkeys! )

Comment

No, you didnt must buy a new one, you can send your broken/scratched one to them and they will send you a new one without any extra costs expect maybe the shipping.

To the problem. It sounds like your GFX Card gets overheated and produces this weird glitches on your screen. Check the temprature after you get shut down the game with Bluescreen and/or upgrade your GFX driver. Its recommend to have the latest driver installed for this game.
                          sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
                            No, you didnt must buy a new one, you can send your broken/scratched one to them and they will send you a new one without any extra costs expect maybe the shipping.

To the problem. It sounds like your GFX Card gets overheated and produces this weird glitches on your screen. Check the temprature after you get shut down the game with Bluescreen and/or upgrade your GFX driver. Its recommend to have the latest driver installed for this game.
                            My computer also freezes, how can i check the hardware temperature? Just manually?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
                              I honestly never knew that! One of the reasons that I back up my game is fear of my disc getting damaged.

I had wondered if there was some other copy protect kicking in but I will try this. :lol: I have a Biostar Motherboard with and intergrated NVIDIA chip that I just got last month. I updated the drivers but I will see if there are any more updates for it. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

After reboot go to BIOS and goto hardware Monitor, there should be displayed the temprature.
                                sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Working...
                                X