No announcement yet.

sims 2 open for business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I have checked the temperature... it said 60°C/140°F is that a normal temperature or it's high? thanks for all your help guys.

That was the temperature after my computer froze and y reboot.

Comment

What are your comp specs? because it seems quite high to me... at full charge my video board is at 48°C (ati X850XT), proc at 38°C (Athlon X64 3200+) and mobo at 30°C (A8N-E)... and i don't have any special cooling system.
      Carpe diem

Comment

Right, its a little bit high, my CPU (3700+ x64) is at 31°C and my Mobo at 30°C.

At old Times my AMD 1700+ was at 52°C at full charge and this was high so my comp lows down.
        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

It is pretty hard to get a correct temprature reading in you BIOS after a reboot, cause your system is not under the same load as when you are playing a game (the temprature can vary by a large ammount even after only a few seconds)... I recommend a app called SpeedFan, it can record the temprature of your CPU (and some other things) while you are playing the game...

Also if you are using an ATI gfx card download an app called ATITool it can tell you the operating temprature of your GPU(Graphics processing Unit), but it does not work for all ATI gfx cards, as for an nVidia bassed gfx cards go i'm not sure wich app to use, but i'm sure someone will post it...

Oh one more thing, not sure what setup you have but if you have an Intel (P4/P5) based system 60°C is quite normal... however if you have an AMD system (Athlon/64), you'd better check your system cooling...
          You can also check in you BIOS for your systems emergency shutdown temprature, if set too low your system will force a shutdown...
          Mail:
          curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

This are my computer specs:

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 6600

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
            Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
            System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
            System Model: PP013AA-ABM T730M
            BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/27/04 11:09:23 Ver: 08.00.09
            Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
            Memory: 512MB RAM
            Page File: 518MB used, 716MB available
            Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
            DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
            DX Setup Parameters: Not found
            DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
            DxDiag Previously: Crashed in system information (stage 4) & DirectMusic (stage 1) & DirectInput (stage 1) & DirectShow (stage 1)

Comment

What happen...

I'm using daemon v4 with sd4hide and it just work fine..
              But the real problem is when I play the game..
              It just work fine until I start to enter the house that my character live..
              Some of it is ok.. I can go in the house and play it like a normal..
              But some of it didnt want to load..
              It just stop when the loading screen finish and the hour glass just keep playing..
              But the computer didnt freeze..
              Not happen for all the house, but some of it..

So.. What should I do now..

Anyway.. My grapic card is damage now for same reason when I start play the game and now I have to replace with the new one.. And I afraid it will damage my new one either..

What is it something with the game or it just my pc..
              Cause when I play the game with the house that I could load..
              There's a problem, the screen just got crazy and the image just like been crack or something..

Then I got the warning that said you are having problem with the window driver and the screen just got wack with the blind line and everything.. Of course that mean my graphic card is damage..

Anyone ever experience what I just did??
              Any thing that could help me to play this game would be really great.. Thanks..

Comment

hey, has anyone else had the problem of getting open for business going without the cd, then once its going, in-game, it doesnt recognise the previous expansions (nightlife and university) as being installed as well?

thanks for any help

Comment

Originally Posted by slasherxwan
                  I'm using daemon v4 with sd4hide and it just work fine...
                  Same here!

Then I got the warning that said you are having problem with the window driver and the screen just got wack with the blind line and everything.. Of course that mean my graphic card is damage..

Anyone ever experience what I just did??
                  Any thing that could help me to play this game would be really great.. Thanks..
                  Well I hope that it doesn't damage mine because something similar is happening but not quite the same. I will play for about an hour or two and suddenly the screen will turn to the opening graphics for The Sims color purple. Suddenly the hour glass will appear and keep turning for about two minutes. If it goes back to the game it is only for a few seconds then the purple screen appears again and you can not get back to the game.

CTRL+ALT+DEL does not work to shut it down so I have to do a manual shut down.

And I have continually checked my temp while playing. My system is normally 24 degrees C and it never goes higher than 30 degrees C while playing so the system is not overheating. The graphics card is intergrated into the mother board so I hope it doesn't get damaged.

Anyone else having this problem???

Comment

sYk0 thanks for the ATITool link, I've got a friend that could use that.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Got installed but dont work

I have been able to install Open for Business but when it goes to the loading screen it goes back to Nightlife (without the scrolling words) and wen it finished it just crashes. I have tried many antiblacklisters (probably wrongly). help would be much appreciated

Comment

Veritas, do you encounter the same error when trying to run the game from the original disc?
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I'm having the same problem as Veritas.

I've tried running the game from the original disc and it does the same thing.

Comment

ashleym101 & Veritas

I am certainly not the expert, but I suspect that you, along with my wifes laptop, have a conflict with your hardware and the protection.

I couldnt get a good install of Open for Business of the CD but when I copied the ISO and installed from the Daemon Tools mounted image, it worked. Sure it didnt play from the mounted image, I had to put the disk in.... (hence why I am reading here.)

Comment

total newbie and 40yrs old so please be gentle with me

Hi I have 2 sons 13 & 11 , they are well in to the sims , but have no real regard for looking after discs so they always end up damaged or scratched.

So i want to be able to back up the original disc open for business.

Ive been trying to follow the threads above from the start, but the grey matter isnt what it used to be Im afraid.

So I really need a mentor to tell me what I should be doing to enable this to occur, or at the very least enable me to install it on the hard drive and run it so I can keep the original disc locked up for any post reformat occasions.

So, Im trying to copy an image to the hard drive wth Alcohol 120% .

I then open DT 4, and mount the MDS image Ive made,
                              the sims splash screen comes up and then it says please ensure the disc is in the drive, click ok and then restart the application.

So Im a bit stumped to say the least.

Anyone assist an oldie like me to help me save towards my dwindling pension by not having to buy replacement discs all the time ,

Thanks

Comment

i dont understand daemon tools.
                                do u need to install the game eg.sims2 to make the mounted image work?

Comment

Working...
                                X