sims 2 open for business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sims 2 open for business

anyone know how to burn the alcohol image of this expansion pack for sims 2. i think im using the wrong options. after i burn the game and try to play i get a message saying that there was a problem and that the program must shut down.

Turn SafeDisk emulation off in Daemon Tools.
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Hi, Long time veiwer but first time poster. I have tried burning also and I have tried SafeDisc on and off but to no avail. Ive mounted in A120% and D-tools and both give same error.

Comment

I have tried everything from Daemon to CureROM. Nothing seems to work. I get the same error every single time. It does not see a disk... EA bastards

note: in daemon, I have tried all combinations of emulators, and did not get anywhere.

this one is a tricky one.

Comment

What copy protection does Open for Business use?

Does it work from the original CDs? Does it work from images? A lot of the more recent copy protections cannot be burned to CD-R anymore, but they will still work if proper(!) images are mounted with Daemon Tools. How did you create the images you're trying to burn to CD-R?
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

It uses Safedisc 4.6.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz
              It uses Safedisc 4.6.
              so you need this

mount the image, then run that and it should work fine...

Comment

I have tried safe disc 4 hider and it does not work for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Axel916
                  so you need this

mount the image, then run that and it should work fine...
                  nope, did not work

Comment

This sounds like the image was not created properly. Would you all mind answering my question from earlier about how you created your images?
                    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                      This sounds like the image was not created properly. Would you all mind answering my question from earlier about how you created your images?
                      oh, didnt see that question sorry

I saved it using 120% to my HDD. I have done that with all of my other games, yet I have not seen a game give me as much trouble as this one.

I can play it with my disk just fine, but I have a good amount of disks that is a real pain to keep track of.

sorry again for not answering your question

Comment

does anyone know if there are special options u have to select when burning the alcohol image to get the game to work?

Comment

Hey, i dont know if u guys have tried this but i used curerom and now got the game to play

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                            I copied my disk using 120% and then tried using a variety of programs... everything from 120% to Daemon and other programs like Game Jackal. Nothing seems to work.

Comment

I heard, that mounting with Alc120% and using cureRom would work fine, but did not try it by myself for i don't have the Sims 2 :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X