Keep Getting Wrong CD/DVD Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Getting Wrong CD/DVD Message

Hi how are you all? I was wondering if maybe you could answer a question for me. I try to play my back up ISOs, and continually get a message saying, "Wrong cd/dvd retry or cancel". How can I get past this? Thank You all for your help

-Nick-

Images in ISO format are not accurate enough for copy protections to work. You will need to create new images from your original CDs or DVDs using Alcohol 120%, selecting the right profile in Alcohol according to the copy protection used on the game you're backing up.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

For some copy protections it's necessary to use some extra tools, you read about it here.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

yea

this is happening to me also, so bascially ur saying that ISo files are not good

Comment

iso files are fine for backups of non protected software, for protected software you need to make different image types (as specified in the faq etc..).. this is simply because the iso format doesnt contain the copy protection 'information', thus the copy protection check will never succeed when emulated and you will be prompted to insert the disk
          my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

???

So basically if I lost my cd... I'm in trouble? Does it mean I have to rebuy the game or is there any other way?
            Thanks

Comment

Justin, unfortunately that's what it means. If you don't have the original disc, you cannot play the game, I'm sorry.
              It's just the same with anything else - if you lose your cell phone, you won't get a new one for free either, will you?
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
              X