USB Dead - Win XP 64bit & A8N32-SLI ASUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB problem

I had the same problem as the original poster (exact same hardware and version).

removing those files out of the drivers folder fixed all my USB issues.

Comment

usb and dt problems

hi guys
      i found this post very interesting cause i have the same problem and hardware as yours
      a8n32 sli dlx last bios 1205
      win xp pro x64
      and dt 403-x64
      if i instal dt the usb (Standard openHCD USB Host Controller)
      i have a error code 10(dead)
      so my keyboard and mouse(logitech dinovo lazer)and all my usb hardware stop to work
      as soon i desinstal dt everything start to work fine
      i hope that can help you
      im sad cause i love dt it's a great program
      bye
      Last edited by yudicuba; 19.05.2006, 17:03.

Comment

Originally Posted by DACV
        you have a gigabyte mobo this thread is for an asus board
        and heres the fine print from the manual

Due to chipset limitation,SLI mode is not supported under Windows XP 64-bit edition

my fault for not reading the manual fully but come on....
        its not mentioned on the website

I think thats a pretty big omission for a "gaming" motherboard
        That doesn't make any sense at all, unless Asus is doing some funky NF4 Ultra -> SLI mod or something. Every one of my SLI-supporting mobos does SLI under XP x64 just as well as in XP32, or even Linux for that matter.

I'd investigate further, something very rotten there. I wouldn't just return the mobo, I'd find out who is pulling what BS.

Comment

I run 2 7900GTX's in SLI on my ASUS A8N32 Deluxe....
          Have it running in both XP32 and XP64... (Dual Boot)
          I'm using bios v1009 btw, due to the DT killing USB on v1103
          SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

is there any update on the status of this bug? i am lost without dt... i can't install anything. everything i have is iso and i don't have an optical drive. luckily for me i had just pushed a clean image onto this box to use it as a workstation and now i'm stuck.

Comment

Quick update:
              Yesterday I updated my bios to v1205 and all USB is functioning correctly with D-Tools installed prior to, during, and after the bios update.
              I performed the update in windows with ASUS Update.
              SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

I already had BIOS 1205 installed on my A8N32-SLI. I performed a fresh install of x64 this afternoon and the problem still happens for me.

System details:
                Windows XP Pro x64
                ASUS A8N32-SLI (latest official X16 nforce from Nvidia, ethernet and smbus only)
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (latest AMD X2 CPU driver)
                Audigy 2 (latest driver from Creative)
                eVGA 7900 GTX (84.56 forceware from eVGA)
                Logitech MX1000 mouse (latest SetPoint software and driver)

Comment

Same hardware, same issue, and I'm also on BIOS 1205, flashed it yesterday thinking it was part of the issue.

The question now is who's to blame? Is it Asus or DT? The reason I ask that is if 1009 works fine and the newer revisions don't then that would point the finger at Asus wouldn't it?

Comment

Same thing here. I have 1205 bios. If i boot up with SPTD the usb devices won't work (my keyboard and mouse).

What's interesting is that this is the same error that occured when I uninstalled the kernel windows update before the 1.25 upgrade came out. When that happened I of course reinstalled the update cuz i'd much rather have usb than have deamon-tools. So now after I installed 1.25 I get the same usb non functioning. weeeiiird.

Comment

Solution

To fix this problem simply Disable legacy USB support in the bios

it should be disabled anyway because it causes memory errors.

Comment

Found the USB problem!

The problem lies with the new sptd driver with the new Daemon Tools v4.0.6 I found this out after I installed 4.0.6 and all my USB devices would suddenly not work after every reboot of XP pro X64, even my mouse!

I have a A8N32-SLI deluxe motherboard with XP Pro x64 and latest bios update but the problem seams to lie within windows and not the bios!

If you install Daemon Tools v4.0.3 everything works fine, mouse, keyboard etc (Lucky I still had the download) you'll just have to wait for a new sptd driver to come alone and fix the usb problem where all having.

Comment

Is v.4.03 available somewhere?

I had the same problem (BIOS v1303) with daemon t v.4.06 so I had to uninstall it. Disabling legacy USB doesn't help, neither did the dll file removal suggested here earlier.

Anyone with suggestions?

Comment

You can get it here:
                            X86:
                            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

It's still definitely no general Problem of DT 4.06. Perhaps this problem only occurs with some DT-Versions on this specific Mainboard under XP 64-Bit. Because on my System (MSI K8N Neo2) the 4.06 causes not a single Problem with the USB-Ports under XP 64-Bit.

Comment

While I haven't had time to do extensive testing, I did notice today that my camera has stopped being recognized in windows, along with flash drives, etc. It makes the sound that a new USB device has been plugged in, but nothing ever shows up in explorer.

I installed the latest version of DT last night, but only did the STPD (hadn't rebooted to install DT). After installing STPD and rebooting, my camera stopped responding. Finishing the installation and rebooting several times has not helped.

XP SP2 with latest patches as of today.
                                DT 4.0.6 x86 in x86 windows.
                                MSI NEO2 Plat (nforce 3).
                                awxdtools latest version.

Comment

Working...
                                X