No announcement yet.

USB Dead - Win XP 64bit & A8N32-SLI ASUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like many others I have 1205 bios and a A8N32 SLI Delux board with windows pro x64, and usb devices won't work. Also, when I shut down my computer the keyboard and mouse wont shut down (usb mouse with ps2 converter)

I tried to disable the legacy usb in bios from auto to disabled, and all problems were gone. Thanks! ^_^

Comment

(Sorry for double post, a thread above when I searched described the same issue, I'll post here because it seems even closer to my issue)

I have this same issue, xp x64, same mobo. Except I only have a USB mouse and keyboard, and no way to remote desktop to remove the issue. Is there a way to fix this, because I can't use my computer at all.

I have access to another computer (this one I'm posting from) and think I read correctly that flashing the bios with an older version worked? Is there a way I can do this using this computer? As in: Get the version, burn it to a cd and run the cd on the affected computer to re-flash? (I don't have a floppy drive)

Comment

BIOS 1205 USB 2.24.0-11.4
        I tried to disable the legacy, and right when I did I could no longer use the keyboard (G15 Logitech).
        I have PS2 converters, tried for the keyboard and it wouldn't even work in BIOS, didn't try for mouse (G7 wireless).

Comment

As an update, using the keyboard/mouse from the other computer, and disabling the legacy worked. This is a much cheaper (but newer) Logitech cordless set (WAVE), which tells me the G15 must use the legacy, so I'll try installing the previous DT version and have to stick with that until there is some resolution.

Comment

Thanks for help

Originally Posted by ranger_dave View Post
            Just verified and confirmed an issue that will not allow any USB devices to function in a machine.

Me and friend both own the Asus A8N32-SLI Motherboard. I was running bios 0903, he was on 1009. He decided to update to biod 1103, the newest bios, but all his USB Ports stopped working in windows. Then I tried to do it, and same thing happened. After many wipes and reinstalls, and many many hours trying to figure this out, we figured it out.

When we install Daemon Tools 4.0.3 for XP 64bit, the next reboot, the mouse (USB) would stop for me, along with any other USB device. I go into the Device Manager, and notice:
            "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller" has an exclamation. I uninstall it, and have windows "scan for Hardware Changes" and it finds it, installs it, my mouse, and other USB devices without problems, until the next reboot and it all start over again.

If I simply uninstall DaemonTools, that doesn't fix the problem, because of the files
            C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SPTD.sys
            C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\SPTDxxxx.sys (where xxxx=4 numbers that seem to change from system to system)

If I delete these files manually, and reboot, then the USB system works. However, Daemon TOols doesn't, because it needs these files to function.

I have even tried a fresh install, and then install just the SPTDinst X64, which you can find in the downloads section of DaemonTools. After a reboot, my USB devices are gone again. I do the remove as instructed by the site for SPTDinst X64, and reboot, and USB Devices are back.

It should be noted that flashing back to the previous bios version does fix this issue, so there is simply an incompitbility of the software with this bios version. However, this bios version fixes a lot of issues with this board, and I can't foresee going back just to be able to use this 1 software program, no matter how nice the program.

Have tried setting the Bios to USB 1.2 or 2, Highspeed or FullSpeed. Turning legacy support for USB on or off, and tried all the USB plugs on this board, to no avail. Hope this helps somebody program a fix. Thanks

David
            I just did what you described:

DELETED - windows/system32/spdt.sys and VOILA! IT WORKED!

i installed Daemon Tolls Lite - and my Standard OpenHCD Host Controller STOPPED working.

i have XP x64 system - and this helped -

DT Lite needs to be checked from this - i thought i never would be able to fix this.

/Cheers and good luck all!

Comment

Working...
            X