backup Madden NFL 06 for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backup Madden NFL 06 for PC

I got Madden NFL 06 for PC about a month ago. Since then, the cd started to have little scratches on the bottem. I wanted to make a back up copy but was unable to (get a copy on another cd for my first try, use image on second).

CD back up isnt recognized... and I felt it was more complicated.

Im trying to run the image from my laptop now. I imaged all 3 disk using alcohol120% and installed---then mounted from Daemon Tools 4.0 basicly.

everything works out find until i try to get into the game. I keep getting this mainapp.exe error from windows.

I searched some sites about how to back it up correctly using the image method (as i have now, or i feel i have, grasp this better) but i could not find a solution to this problem. some got it to work, others said it might need safedisc4hider and yet nothing works yet...

What am I doing wrong in this process that gives such an error?

Please don't double post, the forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Please scan the CD with A-Ray scanner (-> google) and make an image using Alcohol 120% with the right profile according to the copy protection that's used on the CD (probably SafeDisc 4.?).
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Yes, it is sd4, which doenst have a profile.

Ive used the custom profile of default and safedisk2/3 methods...

atleast for the first disk, it made no difference. i also did it at 1x speed...

i feel like i did it right but ... i didnt i guess...

Comment

Did you read AnalCobra's excellent Guide on using extra programs/addons/...?

Comment

what i have done:

Ok, first off, i have the following tools:
          Nero 7 trial
          A120 trial
          DT 4 and 3.47?
          Safedisc4hider (also i had blocker)

Ok... basicly i knew about those things. I read of them over some internet site as i TRIED to research a bit on how to burn this game. Problem.. IT NEVER.. AND HAS YET TO WORK.

i got 2 basic messages:

1.burn this to CD using NERO
          2.or burn image/make image using NERO or A120 and use DT to play on Vir.Drive.

about 4 times ive tried using Nero to burn or make image, never works. The CD always makes "please insert correct disk" basicly, and images only got as far as to give some "error has occured with mainapp.exe..."

The things ive done to make it:
          burn it at slow speeds using nero with other default settings

try to make image with nero at slow speeds

try to make image with a120 at sd2/3 setting and default setting at slowest speeds

... never worked.

IM NEW... I DONT UNDERSTAND A THING, i really wish there was an very.. detailed manual on specificly the process of making a WORKING BACKUP of this game.. either image or cd.

now something is also messed up with DT...

one site had info that said the person used DT 3.x
          i downloaded the v3.x and uninstalled 4 and tried to install 3.x...
          v3 wont install, had an error toward the end...

now i tried to reinstall 4 and 4 claims that it can not add some pluggin device or something, and gives some basicly "error" 0...
          now DT .. old or new doesnt work.

once again, at anothers advice, i tried using nero to burn a copy .. another wasted CD...

i dont get why these dont work. With THE INSTRUCTIONS GATHERED/PROVIDED, i did only what i said the best i could with the understanding of what i see.

but i really need more details. I have never tried to make a back up cd.. i only burned music on to a cd 4 times... thats it... only thing i ever BURNED...
          image?
          DT?
          Nero?

i never used those... ever before..

simple it is, but the process is lacking.. im not doing something right...

what exactly to choose in terms of setting and buttons to push etc. ... i need those info on how to make this back up..

Comment

probe53, please don't double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.

Nero is unable to copy protected discs in a way that they'll work. You'll need to use Alcohol 120% to create working images. Please consult the Alcohol manual for a guide to creating images.

Comment

Working...
            X