Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Does ROSETTA Stone beat Daemon Tools ?

when you ask for help here, you should really do as told here.

Use:

Alcohol 120% to create the image. Use here the

a) mds/mdf-format (that is our native formate and therefore
    we support this format optimal)

b) use profile "SafeDisk 2/3"

c) mount the image, maybe you also have to use sd4hide to
    run the application

Sorry for late.

Yes, when Alcohol skip all the error messages, it will copy all the data out.
    Image format is .mds/mdf. Load with Daemoon Tools and it works.

Thanks very much.

New User

Default Rosetta's Copy Protection

Hi, netXman I just want to share my experience copying Rosetta Stone Cd's.

I have been trying to copy this cd's for a long time, as a result i've spent a lot of cd's trying.
    I have been reading about this protection and seems to be needed a special CD Burner, with the ability to burn something call "Weak Sectors" the Safe disk 3 protection .

Right now I'm trying the Alcohol120% and the .CCD image mode I've read that this image can be burned whith the Clone CD soft. so I'm going to try.

I've also tried the virtual cd soft to emulate the image but show me the same message "Insert the correct CD and restart the application" so don't give up and keep trying.

no-X

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by no-X
    Hi, netXman I just want to share my experience copying Rosetta Stone Cd's.

I have been trying to copy this cd's for a long time, as a result i've spent a lot of cd's trying.
    I have been reading about this protection and seems to be needed a special CD Burner, with the ability to burn something call "Weak Sectors" the Safe disk 3 protection .

Right now I'm trying the Alcohol120% and the .CCD image mode I've read that this image can be burned whith the Clone CD soft. so I'm going to try.

I've also tried the virtual cd soft to emulate the image but show me the same message "Insert the correct CD and restart the application" so don't give up and keep trying.

no-X
    Why don't you burn the mds/mdf - ccd files and mount them with d-tools? It would be easier.
    My system
    Boycott Starforce!
    Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Default Rosetta Stone & Safe Disc 2.9

Language discs use safe disk 2.9.
    I'm a newbe so be patient if I sound dumb.
    I'm running clonecd and Dameon v. 4.03

1. perfect bit by bit copy of language disk does not run.
    So, I
    2. installed daemon, set emulation to "safedisc", no other settings. Planned to do a fastdump following directions to load language program, turn off, leave disc in and copy.
    Program will not load with emulation "safedisc" turned on. If I turn it off, original disc will load.

Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Tom Hanaway

Experienced User

Safedisk emulation is needed only to run a non perfect backup from your optical drive.
    That leads to the question, : how did you make your image?
    Carpe diem

First of all-thanks to the moderator for putting my post into a running thread. I only found this after I did my initial post-duh.

I used Slysoft clone cd to do the 1:1 copy. Verified with ViceVersa Pro which seemed to show that original and copy of disk were identical.

It struck me as strange that an apparent identical copy wouldn't run.
    Tom

Tom, a quick glance at the ViceVersa homepage suggests that VV Pro compares data on a file basis, i.e. whether the files in two different locations are the same.

Copy protections don't work on file basis anymore but on a hardware basis, with bad sectors on empty parts of the disc or a specified media topology. The actual data is the same, but the way it's read varies.

That's why you need special programs like CloneCD or the much better Alcohol 120% in the first place, because those programs don't just copy the data but duplicate the copy protection-relevant data as well. Normal burning software would skip any bad sectors, for example.

So a comparison with ViceVersa Pro is worthless for copy protections. Your safest bet is to download Alcohol 120% and use it to create a new image from your original disc, using Alcohol's SafeDisc 2/3 profile.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

OK Thanks.
    So program showing identical files doesn't necessarily mean identical copy.
    Followed everyone's advice and downloaded alcohol 120% this morning. Didn't see any setting for *mds/*mdf image (as mentioned somewhere above) so I just set alcohol on SafeDisk 2/3 to create image and left for work.
    When I get home tonight.....
    Do I burn the image to a blank cd with alcohol 120 or clonecd?
    Should that new disk then work the same as the original? Or, do I do something else with the image?
    Thanks to everone for taking the time to walk me through this.

If anyone has any questions about motorcycles or technical scuba diving or rebreathers, I'll be glad to help out:^)
    Tom

Created my image with alcohol 120. Burned to disk but keep getting "put in disk error".
    Tried mounting with Alcohol. I can get it to run about once in every ten tries. The other times, clicking on the file does absolutely nothing or sometimes disk error.
    Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast