Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 post until unlocking "moderated modus" is too long and annoying.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would suggest to turn it off or to something like 3 or 5 posts. I think people who like to write crap should be stopped by this. Or maybe do it like heise.de: If you register with a freemail account, you have to wait 24 hours before you can post (or maybe before you can post unmoderated) - many crap-writers loose their interest very soon. Btw: Is it more work to delete the crap once posted? This way the mods have to read all the crap before posting anyway...
    http://janschejbal.wordpress.com/ - Meine Meinung, mein Blog - ES LEBE DIE FREIHEIT

Comment

I think this rule should stay, it protects the forum (to a degree) from flaming & promoting hard feeling. Far better to delete an offensive/useless post before it's displayed causing no upset. If an offensive post is displayed & removed after posting the damage has already been done which can then lead on to an unwanted debate, much to the delight of the original poster.

I'm sure we all have been in forums where a particular trouble maker has been banned, only for them to constantly re-register another user account to continue their campaign against the community.

Also there are some that seem to think a high post count is important no matter what! they will persistently post rubbish just to get their count up, why they do this is beyond me

This forum is for support & to discuss Daemon Tools, it's not meant as a chat forum, if left un-moderated too much crap would start to appear.

Comment

Have to agree , waiting 20 posts is too much ...
        I am here for 3 years , mostly reading and it still my like 15th post.
        10 could be much better...

Comment

see: if you're here for 3 years and you posted "only" 15 posts,
          where is the problem then to wait until one of our moderators
          unlock your postings?

On the other hand: if you have many questions and/or need
          often help or you post frequently -> you reach 20 posts in no
          time. You have no disadvantage if you are below 20 posts,
          except that theres a slight delay for your postings and you
          can't use the board-PM. I mean, common, you posted 15 posts
          since 04/2004 -> that means that you posted only ~7 posts/
          year, do you really can't wait until a mod unlocked it?

Comment

Yes, I believe 20 posts is too much, 10 would be much and much better. I'm not a spammer, so when I post something it is useful, and then its not really easy to get 20...
            CureROM Support Team

Comment

I'm wondering if this isn't too much extra work for the mods?!

In my opinion a one-time delay after registering would be much better... maybe 48 hours...

Comment

Things won't change for at least a while...
                This mesure was taken before the coming of DT 4.0, because there were too many guys, that didn't even dare to read the warnings, who didn't stop asking 'when will DT 4 be out'... DT staff and customers where kinda tired to say 'when it'll be out'.

This is one of the reasons of that mesure.

If you don't want to be moderated, you have 2 possibilities... You wait until you have 20 posts, or you register (and thus you'll have access to DT Pro when it'll be done)

edit : added the underlined text, to clear things
                Last edited by Kinlaadare; 20.05.2006, 13:50.
                Carpe diem

Comment

I used to have a fairly high post count, until I came back from a long time of absence, now I have only 1 post or so, and can't post and threads.

Comment

you have exactly 3 posts - do you really consider that as
                    a "high" post-count?

All posts are saved here, even if you not see them, we can
                    exactly determine how much a user posted. You never posted
                    more then the 3 posts mentioned above, so I see no reason
                    to complain, sorry

Comment

I think that it should be a better way to let us know about this. I have double posted thinking that there was some kind of problem. I just remember to have read the noemal "Thank you for your post" but nothing about the forum been moderated in this way for starters.

You should put a screen telling the posters that their post is not going to appear until it is moderated. If it exist I didn't see it anywhere or it passed to fast.

Thanks.

Comment

This is the screen that we get after posting. It dissapears too fast and on top of this it is not CLEAR that your post will not appear immediately.

Comment

Keep it like this

I'm a new user also I registerd only a couple of days ago, I was first mad at the "system" But when I took the time to read the right forums, I quikly came to the conclusion that this is a great rule indeed! I think you should even consider to increase the line form 20 to atleast 40, so at the end you'll only have "real' users. but that's just my humble opion:wink:
                          Nothing is real in this world, only your fantasy represents the truth

Comment

Post count

I agree with ircghost, im a registered/licensed user with only a few posts. I think the boards have gotten a lot better now with the 20 post minimum, and i know as long as my posts aren't crap they'll most likely pass.
                            (I hope this one does :P )

Comment

i dont think that the admins have enough time to moderate all posts from users with less than 40 posts. that'd be a lot of work...
                              My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
                                i dont think that the admins have enough time to moderate all posts from users with less than 40 posts. that'd be a lot of work...

this is offcourse true, but maybe if you put a little bit effort in it, you can assign more people (wo are trust worthy offcourse) to check the messages. So the admins can keep their minds focussed on the more "important" matters
                                Nothing is real in this world, only your fantasy represents the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X