Ad-Ware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad-Ware

I have installed the new Daemon Tools 4.03 on two machines in the last two days, and on both systems we run Avast Antivirus Personal edition.

When Daemon Tools are installed, and the drivers are initiating, Avast is putting up a warning about an ad-ware.
    The string is as follows:
    Sign of "Win32:Adware-gen. [Adw]" has been found in "C:\Program\VVSN\SET8.tmp" file.

There are no other programs installed that can possibly cause this warning, so please enlighten me about this.

Currently i have put the file in my "virus-chest", waiting for you're reply in this matter.

Thanks for a great program, but please keep it ad-ware-free.

Bjorn Svensson
    Huskvarna
    Sweden

Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_72
    I have installed the new Daemon Tools 4.03 on two machines in the last two days, and on both systems we run Avast Antivirus Personal edition.

When Daemon Tools are installed, and the drivers are initiating, Avast is putting up a warning about an ad-ware.
    The string is as follows:
    Sign of "Win32:Adware-gen. [Adw]" has been found in "C:\Program\VVSN\SET8.tmp" file.

There are no other programs installed that can possibly cause this warning, so please enlighten me about this.

Currently i have put the file in my "virus-chest", waiting for you're reply in this matter.

Bjorn Svensson
    Huskvarna
    Sweden
    Did you uncheck the searchbar button, or did you cancel the EULA of whenU? If not, the whenu searchbar is on your computer. This program is adware.
    There are much Threads like this, search a bit.
    My system
    Boycott Starforce!
    Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_72

Bjorn Svensson
      Huskvarna
      Sweden
      The program is ad-ware free! ... you have the option to install or not install ad-ware, the box is checked by default during install, just uncheck the box & ad-ware will not be installed.

You need to take note when installing all software, never take for granted the default settings are the one's you want.

As @vatras90 says there are many posts on this subject

Comment

That's true. Technically, only the installer contains adware, which is entirely optional. The program itself contains no adware, nor has it ever.

Comment

Working...
        X