Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: "Internal Setup Error. Contact Support" when i Install

do you run DaemonTools on a company-system?

New User

Quote Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
    do you run DaemonTools on a company-system?
    No, but my PC connects to a domain when I am at work.

Quote Originally Posted by 357mag
    I also had this error.

It was solved by right clicking on the exe file and choose option "run as". I run it as administrator on local PC and then it installed fine.

I am normally login on a company domain, and probably some security policy somewhere was the problem.

Holy crap. I'm the network administrator and I have domain admin rights and local admin rights on my laptop and I was getting this error. Did the "run as" bit and worked fine. XPSP2 in a domain setting must do something weird...

Default Run as...

Like the last post, "run as..." solved the final problem for me.
    First I had to get sptd installed. Indeed, you go into safe mode, stop sptd from loading when asked, delete the windows/system32/drivers/sptd*.sys files, go into regedit and delete the entries in HKLM/currentcontrolset/services (lots of help on this elsewhere), go back into normal mode and reinstall.

I started getting a new error message when trying to launch demon tools: it basically complained that sptd was not installed.
    Using right click Run as... and choose a local user who is an administrator on the machine solved the problem. I am trying to work out what polices are stopping the domain user from running it.

The problem and solution is indentical for alcohol, so for sure it is a permission problem with sptd.

good luck
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by phobos0001
    Greetings,

I Have had a similar problem: Daemon Tools failed to start because the kernel debugger wasnt deactivated to i did a format and fresh install of XP and now im getting this Internal setup error, i havent installed anything else other then my sound, video and raid drivers and still get this error, i attemped to try Alcohol 120% and got an identical error and nero requires directex to install has anyone solved this problem yet?

if its relevent my system is composed of:
    Celeron 2.6GHz
    1gb DDR II Ram
    2x Geforce 6800 SLI
    Gigabyte GA-8N SLI Royal Motherboard

Windows XP (no service packs)
    and factory issued drivers for all H/W
    I also have did format and fresh install of Windows XP. And also got this error. I have:

AthlonXP 1800 +
    256 DDR
    GeForce 4 MX
    KT333 Ultra

New User

Default Internal server error

I also get that error message when I try to install DT 4. And I am logged in as an admin. So what can I do?

Try to disable anti virus during installation.
    Do you have Dell system?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

this error made me sick

I am using win xp pro with sp2

I am not using antivirus,firewall,alcohol etc... (I dont have internet connection at my house...)

I did everything in this topic...but still this error coming...

I was using 4.0 for more than 6 months without any error..
    Last week I tried to install 4.03 but got this error...

I tried to re-install 4.0 but I got again this error..

Internal Setup error. contact support.... did anyone find a way to fix this???? or any body knows a software which CD & DVD- ROM to play discs without needing a physical disc..

Thank you. The run-as fixed my problem. I am on a domain and my domain username is a member of the LOCAL administrators group. Aparently, this isn't good enough. I had to run as LOCAL\Administrator in order to get the install to work. I'll bet any LOCAL\username with Administrator privs is OK, it's the domain username which is the problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast