"Internal Setup Error. Contact Support" when i Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Internal Setup Error. Contact Support" when i Install

When I shall Install v.4.0.3 the text "Internal Setup error. contact support" keeps coming up all the time, what should I do? thanks for quick answers

(iv'e got 3.47 installed"

Have you already try to download it again?
    And uninstalling version 3.47 (and manually if necessary)
    What are your OS?
    Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

Got the same problem. Yes, I've tried downloading it again, uninstalling version 3.47 or whatever, deactivating my antivirus, and rebooting. NOTHING WORKS!
      My cpu runs on XP and it's exactly the same problem when I tried installing alcohol 120%.
      Someone plz help!

Comment

Im also having trouble with this
        Any help at all would be highly appreciated.

Comment

[QUOTE=Paddington_92]When I shall Install daemon the text "Internal Setup error. contact support" keeps coming up all the time, what should I do? thanks for quick answers

Comment

I had this problem, along with "virtual SCSI driver not detected". I was using Cyberlink PowerDVD installed with Windows 98 and Daemon Tools v.3.47. I tried the following procedure which seems to have worked:
            1. In "add/remove programs", uninstalled Daemon Tools; and
            2. removed PowerDVD; then
            3. reinstalled PowerDVD from the original program disc, and
            4. reinstalled Daemon Tools.
            I've had no problems since. If this doesn't work for you, try downloading Daemon Tools again, then repeat the procedure.

Comment

Internal Setup Error

Greetings,

I Have had a similar problem: Daemon Tools failed to start because the kernel debugger wasnt deactivated to i did a format and fresh install of XP and now im getting this Internal setup error, i havent installed anything else other then my sound, video and raid drivers and still get this error, i attemped to try Alcohol 120% and got an identical error and nero requires directex to install has anyone solved this problem yet?

if its relevent my system is composed of:
              Celeron 2.6GHz
              1gb DDR II Ram
              2x Geforce 6800 SLI
              Gigabyte GA-8N SLI Royal Motherboard

Windows XP (no service packs)
              and factory issued drivers for all H/W

Comment

internet setup error

Hi,

I also encountered similar problem when installing Daemon 4.0.3.

Just modify boot.ini to change

/NOEXECUTE=AlwaysOff,

Reboot your system and reinstall Daemon, will do

It work for me, hope it work for you all.

Comment

internal setup error.contact support

bull shit how can i install my DTv4.00HE it always give that error. n how can i edit my boot.ini? plz plz plz help.as soon as possible.

Comment

I also had this error.

It was solved by right clicking on the exe file and choose option "run as". I run it as administrator on local PC and then it installed fine.

I am normally login on a company domain, and probably some security policy somewhere was the problem.

Comment

do you run DaemonTools on a company-system?

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                        do you run DaemonTools on a company-system?
                        No, but my PC connects to a domain when I am at work.

Comment

Originally Posted by 357mag
                          I also had this error.

It was solved by right clicking on the exe file and choose option "run as". I run it as administrator on local PC and then it installed fine.

I am normally login on a company domain, and probably some security policy somewhere was the problem.

Holy crap. I'm the network administrator and I have domain admin rights and local admin rights on my laptop and I was getting this error. Did the "run as" bit and worked fine. XPSP2 in a domain setting must do something weird...

Comment

Run as...

Like the last post, "run as..." solved the final problem for me.
                            First I had to get sptd installed. Indeed, you go into safe mode, stop sptd from loading when asked, delete the windows/system32/drivers/sptd*.sys files, go into regedit and delete the entries in HKLM/currentcontrolset/services (lots of help on this elsewhere), go back into normal mode and reinstall.

I started getting a new error message when trying to launch demon tools: it basically complained that sptd was not installed.
                            Using right click Run as... and choose a local user who is an administrator on the machine solved the problem. I am trying to work out what polices are stopping the domain user from running it.

The problem and solution is indentical for alcohol, so for sure it is a permission problem with sptd.

good luck
                            Tim

Comment

Originally Posted by phobos0001
                              Greetings,

I Have had a similar problem: Daemon Tools failed to start because the kernel debugger wasnt deactivated to i did a format and fresh install of XP and now im getting this Internal setup error, i havent installed anything else other then my sound, video and raid drivers and still get this error, i attemped to try Alcohol 120% and got an identical error and nero requires directex to install has anyone solved this problem yet?

if its relevent my system is composed of:
                              Celeron 2.6GHz
                              1gb DDR II Ram
                              2x Geforce 6800 SLI
                              Gigabyte GA-8N SLI Royal Motherboard

Windows XP (no service packs)
                              and factory issued drivers for all H/W
                              I also have did format and fresh install of Windows XP. And also got this error. I have:

AthlonXP 1800 +
                              256 DDR
                              GeForce 4 MX
                              KT333 Ultra

Comment

Working...
                              X